Cavern class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OHIO DIVERS

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and i are thinking about taking the cavern class, so we can come down to northern florida to enjoy the springs. I'm guessing we would get more enjoyable diving the caverns vs just diving the o/w of the springs. Can anyone head us to a good place to take a cavern class? We donot want to go all the way to full-cave. We would like to get some more training on overhead environment. Just looking for some feedback?

I took Cavern with Johnny Richards at Ginnie Springs. I have taken a few scuba courses and many academic courses in my life, so when I say that Johnny is a great, professional teacher I can honestly claim to have had quite a few teachers in my life.

His web site is: Cave Diving Website

Safe diving.

+ 1 for Rob Neto.

You are making a very good decision: You'll have a blast and learn some very important diving skills, to boot. Agree with the recommendations already mentioned, and am sure some of the excellent cavern instructors on this formum will contact you, as well.

I took the cavern course somewhere around dive #60 (give or take 10 dives). It was one of the best courses I have ever taken. I really got my trim dialed in and while I had done some zero-vis and no-mask diving as part of different courses, this really helped me get comfortable with these conditions (the fact that the water was not 36F may have helped).

Whoever you choose, it will make you a much better diver.

You'll have a wonderful time if you take the class from Rob Neto. Not only is Rob an extremely nice person and a lovely diver, but the Mill Pond area where he teaches is incredibly beautiful and very peaceful. And you'll meet some great people, like Edd Sorenson and maybe my friend Ben Martinez.

Whether you like the caverns or not, the cavern class will make a better diver out of you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom