Cayman Brac water temps in August?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did my first day of diving today at the Brac. Currently water temperatures are 84 degrees, other computers show 85 and 86. I think the high one was probably at the ladder but I could be wrong. The thermoprotection I have seen has been three mils, shorties, skins, rash guards and bathing suits.

Hi DancinDiver, The Tibbetts wreck is always a great dive. Also, Angel fish reef and Knuckles are favorites of mine. Last couple of days I've seen a good number of turtles, including a couple of juveniles.

Hi Sue/Dave. We enjoyed an Angelfish Reef in the BVI two months ago. Looking forward to this one. And juvenile turtles? Nice!

Did my first day of diving today at the Brac. Currently water temperatures are 84 degrees, other computers show 85 and 86. I think the high one was probably at the ladder but I could be wrong. The thermoprotection I have seen has been three mils, shorties, skins, rash guards and bathing suits.

Thanks PatW. It's hard to get more current than a report from today. So, the full range of protection, eh? I suspect I'll be closer to the 3 mm end of the spectrum, but this is definitely helpful.

I don't even bother to bring a wetsuit when we go in August/September anymore. I dive in a long sleeve rash guard and board shorts. One thing to think about is how many dives you will be doing in a day. I do know that sometimes I feel a bit cool on the third dive of the day, so if you are doing 3 per day, I would lean towards the warmer side of your personal preference.

Just got back from the Brac. My computer showed 85 consistently at depth (same at Little Cayman) and 86-87 at shallow safety stops. I chill easily - never wearing less than a Lavacore short sleeve plus full 3mm suit with beanie...and I had to ditch the Lavacore after the first dive...and was still toasty for 3-4 dives a day after that. No complaints!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom