Cayman or Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
We are going on a cruise in Feb. diving in Belize and also one other. Should we do it in Cozumel or Cayman islands. I've headr that the storm may have done great harm to reefs in Cozumel. True?

We are going on a cruise in Feb. diving in Belize and also one other. Should we do it in Cozumel or Cayman islands. I've headr that the storm may have done great harm to reefs in Cozumel. True?

Cayman was not unaffected by its share of storms the past few years either. you will find great diving at either location. Most people would probably tell you Cayman Brac over Cozumel though.

Cozumel always gets hit with storms. If you pick Coz, go to Palancar reef, shallows, gardens, what ever. Nice swim throughs and such. My favorite dive when I went there.

If you haven't been to Stingray City at G. Cayman you might want to snorkle there, very commercialized but you ought to do it once. Then get a couple of dives in at Cozumel. Dive with Martin is a pretty good operator that caters to the cruise crowd.

Good luck and have a great and safe trip.

Dave

If you are going in the winter....go to Coz. If you are going in the summer or fall...got to Cayman. Its rare you can get in the really good water in Cayman in the Winter. Very little north shore diving at that time of year. Cayman rocks but as much as its under rated...so does coz.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom