• Yes, and it was worth it

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Yes, but only because I had to

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is simply not true.

I'm not looking to argue over this. People can find and read the reports with many details and make up their own mind.
So you have been there and have seen the accident happen?
Not everything written down in reports needs to be true. Even if you ask three witnesses you might get three different stories. In some cases even more ;-)

This is simply not true.

I'm not looking to argue over this. People can find and read the reports with many details and make up their own mind.
What qualifies you to make these assertions?

Edit: For all we know you're a PADI open water diver with rather lofty opinions.
We now know you've done MOD1

So you have been there and have seen the accident happen?
Not everything written down in reports needs to be true. Even if you ask three witnesses you might get three different stories. In some cases even more ;-)
Saying because you weren't there and therefore you can't know is a cop out, IMHO.

I don't believe in conspiracy theories.

It doesn't need to be a conspiracy. Everybody perceives his environment differently. There doesn't need to be intent.
If an instructor 'loses' his freshly certified student and pulls the jump it doesn't leave much room for speculation. The 40 page accident report about a recent triple fatality during a class is also pretty telling.

Anyway. Read the reports and make up your mind. I don't want to get into his any further.

It looks like this topic has changed into a 'how to bash agencies without knowing details' instead of ccr crossovers. That is a report about an accident in Mexico, and was not in a course or so. Also there is a police investigation done. Has nothing to do with an agency. And it has nothing to do with ccr diving as the divers were on oc I believe.

In my country I had to show a proof to my cmas agency that I never sexual abused children to stay in active status as instructor. Why? To make at least a safe feeling for the parents. Does it help? Yes for sure. It will not garantuee for 100% that nothing will happen with your child by someone, but at least normally there is no sexual abuse done by the instructors with that proof. Other agencies like iart, tdi or iantd don't ask for this. But I have this 'VOG' (this is how it is called here).
Does this proof means there will no incidents happen? No. But some people won't become instructor now. But they can become for other agencies.

If I get an accident, for berndo it will be the fault of iantd, for sure. But is this true? I also teach for other agencies, I have certs from way much more agencies. I am allowed to found my own agency. So who is wrong then? In my eyes not the agency. Maybe I am wrong, but maybe it is just bad luck. And to judge, there is a police officer and investigation and a real judge. That investigation is not done here on scubaboard then.

But every instructor will have a very bad feeling if a student dies, for sure. Agency independent. I hope I will never have to deal with this.

I'm sure you're right Germie. Bad luck and coincidences. I'm glad we cleared this up. Let's get back to the topic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom