Censorship and SB..how far are we going to take this???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, if ya dont like moderating and wanna talk about stuff that don't have to do with diving, why don't ya just go to the bottom of the page and start a chat thread in the chat room?

I believe you had your chance to bring what you wanted to Scuba Board with "Jep's Bridge". It got pretty foul and nasty. Seems most let it go and just didn't post in it. Finally it withered away and the moderator's shut it down. I think that speaks volumes.

I believe you had your chance to bring what you wanted to Scuba Board with "Jep's Bridge". It got pretty foul and nasty. Seems most let it go and just didn't post in it. Finally it withered away and the moderator's shut it down. I think that speaks volumes.

Foul and nasty?

It was just silly.

Do you guys really think this is just a scuba related board? Take a look at the number of threads/posts in the non-diving sections.

My point is not about seperating scuba / non-scuba discussions. That is already done. My point is we should be allowed to have some adult discussions in here using adult phrases/terminology. Again, loosening about that tight knot. This is not politically motivated..its called the real world.

Over the weekend I had the pleasure of being in the room with extremely well respected members of the technical diving community...these are people known worldwide. Were f bombs dropped during the conversations...no, but other adult language was used in proper context to drive their point home. They werent personal attacks, but references to diving situations, nobody in the room dropped their jaws in amazement. This is stuff you hear everyday.

There is a certain balance to be maintained and I think the balance is way off. As far as respect to innocent ears...how do these people function in the real world? If someone I find is offensive or I don't like..I just dont hang around them. In this community, we have a block feature. If you find that I say things you dont like either choose to ignore or just block me.

I don't think its a respect issue at all. If I choose to use a word to describe an event/situation that is in no way a direct attack on that person..how is that disrespectful? If they feel offended/disrespected than they must really live in a sheltered world.

Which brings up another point. Why does SB cater to the more conservative people? What about the others out there like me, and don't act like I'm not the only one here. Why is this ok? Who is too sensitive to read a foul word that you can hear now on all the major TV shows? If users are that sensitive maybe it is them that should start their own board.

Telling me to download my own software and start up my own board is a pretty lame response. I am allowed to use 'lame' arent I? I have my opinion and opinions are like ******** (yes another phrase or word some may be offended over). The purpose of this thread is to" give us your comments, remarks and feedback, on any topic that you think we need to hear about.

Maybe SB needs to change their advertising schema. Instead of dive manufacturers lets go this route..here are some links.

Toysrus.com Home - The Official Toys"R"Us Web Site
Mattel

Oh no, I might offend somebody!! :11: :rolleyes:

The fact that this board has put forums into it that are non diving related tells me they are fair.....I think they have let things go that should have been pulled but that is just my opinion.....some of my stuff I have posted has been pulled...good for the mods....probably shouldn't have been posted.....

IMO this is a diving related board NOT a let's talk about anything board.....some of the other diving related boards I am a member of but do not post often on....are very liberal anything goes....and why do people feel that they have to use foul language to get a point across or to express an opinion....I have been known to do this myself on occasion why?? who the hell knows :D but it doesn't make anyone understand it or agree with it anyway so why do it??....

so jpuskar you do not want to discuss diving...there are plenty of other boards that will welcome you...try rec.scuba they are always looking for a good fight with lots of different styles of language :wink:

Well, if ya dont like moderating and wanna talk about stuff that don't have to do with diving, why don't ya just go to the bottom of the page and start a chat thread in the chat room?

Well, if they make a new forum. You don't have to sign up, now do you?

so jpuskar you do not want to discuss diving...there are plenty of other boards that will welcome you...try rec.scuba they are always looking for a good fight with lots of different styles of language :wink:
Divers do other things than dive. Its called a life.

So, the same goes for you. If you don't like the non-scuba discussion, there are other boards that will welcome you.

Well, if they make a new forum. You don't have to sign up, now do you?

BINGO!!!! It's about time the uptight few stopped whining about the rest of us having a good time. If you don't like the opt in forums don't opt in. Pretty simple stuff really.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom