Censorship and SB..how far are we going to take this???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BINGO!!!! It's about time the uptight few stopped whining about the rest of us having a good time. If you don't like the opt in forums don't opt in. Pretty simple stuff really.

WAIT!!! You're saying that I have the ability to choose what I do or don't want to look at? That's just plain anarchy! How can I survive if I am forced to think for myself? I am so much more comfortable allowing everyone else to decide what is right for me. I really don't think I could handle the responsibility of making my decisions and choices in life!!

Oh good grief...?!
CHARLIE-Sm.jpg

Just look at the Surface Interval forum, or any of the Non-Diving forums really. Look at the "chat" threads. Whether people agree with them or not it's quite clear that a conscious decision has been made to have them here. So now the question becomes - how are adults allowed to talk to each other?
I don't think they were conscious decisions so much as deciding to allow them. Next problem: "Gave them an inch, now they want a mile :11: to paraphrase.

I didn't see the Bikini Friday thread, but how dumb is that. Sure, I like a pic of a pretty girl in a bikini now and then, but I damned sure don't want to see that focus here. If I wanted to that, I'm sure I could find a discussion board with such. How stupid to try to do that here, tho. I don't even approve of shorty wet suits for scuba - which is still the reason and focus of this board.

So then we have SB vets who've been gone but now bless us with their return to tell us why we've been deprived of their charms? Because of censorship. OMG! So you got tired of posting about scuba and went elsewhere to talk about something else. So what. That happens, but don't blame the fine oversight of SB. :no

sez the man with 'hell' in his avatar...

sez the man with 'hell' in his avatar...
Yes, was there a point there? So called cuss words like hell and damn are allowed here. Anything beyond that would be rude for office friendly atmosphere, would it not?

Actually I am sure that Admin appreciates this thread as a source of information, but it's so stupid that I could not resist posting to it.

you old coot! :D

Seriously, it's a private board. The owner can allow or not allow whatever he or she wants to.

OTH, I don't mind seeing shorties or pictures of women in the most scampy of beach wear. :)

Oh good grief...?!
CHARLIE-Sm.jpg

I don't think they were conscious decisions so much as deciding to allow them. Next problem: "Gave them an inch, now they want a mile :11: to paraphrase.

I didn't see the Bikini Friday thread, but how dumb is that. Sure, I like a pic of a pretty girl in a bikini now and then, but I damned sure don't want to see that focus here. If I wanted to that, I'm sure I could find a discussion board with such. How stupid to try to do that here, tho. I don't even approve of shorty wet suits for scuba - which is still the reason and focus of this board.

So then we have SB vets who've been gone but now bless us with their return to tell us why we've been deprived of their charms? Because of censorship. OMG! So you got tired of posting about scuba and went elsewhere to talk about something else. So what. That happens, but don't blame the fine oversight of SB. :no

Hence the whole "opt in" forum. If you don't like it, don't look. You say you never saw it yet you still judge it. To use your own words, how stupid is that?

Hence the whole "opt in" forum. If you don't like it, don't look. You say you never saw it yet you still judge it. To use your own words, how stupid is that?
It's simple. Some inappropriate ideas don't have to be seen to reject.

If a nude bar opened in my county, I wouldn't have to go look at the show to reject it, but then Opt-In-Only would not be an accepted excuse for allowing one in this country.

It's simple. Some inappropriate ideas don't have to be seen to reject....
You haven't seen it, but you have a judgment already

Even heard the term pre judge? as in prejudice?

You haven't seen it, but you have a judgment already

Even heard the term pre judge? as in prejudice?
Read my post outloud - it may help...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom