Censorship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All you need to do is compliment Scubapro or BeaverDivers to get likes from BeaverDivers. :D
The A700 is a fantastically good looking regulator and BeaverDivers has the greatest business name of anyone in the scuba industries.
:)
But honestly, give him a break, he is not the walking self-promotional advertiser that he was in the past. He has actually posted some useful info in the recent past.

Now where's the love?

I think we have reached THAT point in the thread.......the point where we need to call in support.....

122waaambulance.jpg

Nice. Should I report the troll post and see if I get accussed of being a troll? You asked a good question and I gave a good answer. I gues you can't handle that.

To answer OldNSalty, here's what he posted:

But who would have thought 25 years ago a dive store @ 8000' in the Rocky Mnts. would still be Thriving!

Seemed like shameless self promoting to me. Anyways, speaking of facts, I was off by an order of magnitude. It's 1,000th post not 10,000th post. Sorry.

There is a smilie for that

:wham:

---------- Post Merged at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:09 PM ----------

Anyways, speaking of facts, I was off by an order of magnitude. It's 1,000th post not 10,000th post. Sorry.

A man who admits his mistakes - :cheers:

Nice. Should I report the troll post and see if I get accussed of being a troll? You asked a good question and I gave a good answer. I guess you can't handle that.

You would not be the first, nor the last I imagine. For the record, I posted the whambulance because of your responses to other questions, not to mine. Take a second and read your posts and you will see why that picture finally got posted. You have a real hatred for this person and cannot see just how clouded your vision has become. You are reaching tinfoil hat levels IMO.

To answer OldNSalty, here's what he posted:
Seemed like shameless self promoting to me. Anyways, speaking of facts, I was off by an order of magnitude. It's 1,000th post not 10,000th post. Sorry.

Huh? I asked "Where's the love?"-post #51...unless there was another question like -"Do you have an example?"

There is a smilie for that

:wham:

I thought this was the WHAMbulance.......wham!.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Now you see why I posted the other WHAMbulance......

Huh? I asked "Where's the love?"-post #51...unless there was another question like -"Do you have an example?"

I was replying to the assertion that he's not a "walking self-promotional advertiser".

Dude, what you're not getting here is that nobody else thinks it's a big deal.

Listen, this thread is on a one-way trip going south and since it is, I would like to suggest that you go get a nice cup of whatever you like to drink and spend a few minutes listening to this nice little song (aptly named "One Way Ticket") while you just breathe in and breathe out and enjoy being alive and healthy.

Then unsubscribe to this thread for your own sense of mental health and put that guy you don't like on your ignore list.

R..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJAah6sE1V0

I was replying to the assertion that he's not a "walking self-promotional advertiser".

I get it, “BeaverDivers is a shameless self-promoter” has become a cliché, part of the fabric that is ScubaBoard kind of like “PADI produces only the weakest of divers and we should call their graduates the swimming dead because they will all end up bent” or “AIR2-instant death, just add water”.
I admit BeaverDivers has been very extreme and self-promoting but here is the thing; if he is truly the original owner then that puts him in a generation where the internet did not exist and Pong was a technological breakthrough. What that means is that he is one of those (us) that does not really know what a facebook is or how to use it. Twitter, tweeter? WTF is this stuff?
He finds an internet site that talks about diving, he starts to talk about what he can do for diving and divers-did he go too far? Sure. Others pointed out what a pain in the ass he was and gave examples such as deepseasupply and said-look, there is a vendor that does not need to say how great he is, he does the community service and generally the community returns the favor. I have seen BeaverDivers change his ways, learn and adjust. Should he never be able to say “I think Scupapro makes a great product and by the way, I have some rental stuff on special discount?” I don’t think so as long as it fits the context of the overall post.
YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom