Certified today, SWEET!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations!

To calculate your SAC you will need a depth reference to go with the time and usage.

One basic method mentioned is to swim at a known depth for a know period of time noting the start and end pressures.

Another option if you have a computer or happen to rent one is to extract the average depth from it. This will get you to a SAC value based on your entire profile.

Pete

Greetings and congrats on your certification! I am pleased to hear of your love of navigation, it will serve you well in the future. Diving is awesome even if visibility is not! Find some dive buddies and a dive club that dive local and start to build your experience from there! I just recently did a dive with about 3-5 feet of vis and loved it!
When the lights go out it gives us a mirror image of what we are made of! Just be sure to always dive well inside your comfort level and don't be intimidated if conditions are beyond your experience to call the dive. Manageable stress is one thing but always be conservative when evaluating diving conditions. Some of the dives that I treasure the most are what some people call horrible! Have a blast and enjoy your diving. Dive as much as you can, as often as you can and keep us posted on your progress! CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

Congrats... you're well on your way to becoming an impoverished dive bum like me!

Congratulations. If you spend any time in Kelso, give me a PM. We try to make a trip to the sound at least once a month, and I've been itching to go dive coldwater lake.

Congratulations on your certification. Come dive in the Keys, the water is much nicer here and warmer. You'll actually get to see some "beautiful" things!

hey i know its not my thread but hey save's space lol yeah i just passed today as well PADI open water AND dry suit speciality it was great

Congratulations. If you spend any time in Kelso, give me a PM. We try to make a trip to the sound at least once a month, and I've been itching to go dive coldwater lake.

As soon as I get some of my own gear I will make sure and send you a message. Do you rent or own?

hey i know its not my thread but hey saves space lol yeah i just passed today as well PADI open water AND dry suit specialty it was great

Congrats! Feels good to be certified doesn't it!

lol definnatly a little nerve wracking on your first dive without an instructor though but a lot more relaxed lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom