Cf200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a drysuit. Isn't the outside the only side that needs drying time?

shin1999:
I'm guessing that it's just people's preference. How crucial is having fast drying drysuits or what is the advantage as opposed to taking long time to dry? Would this fast drying characteristic exceeds having a durablility?

Fast drying suits can be a good thing in cold temps. When you put a dry suit on that's still wet, it can act like a swamp cooler and cool you down, even with undies on. Trilams dry much faster and will keep you warm even in cold temps.

thanks for the reply. Seems like 50/50 is a good choice for fast drying on the top and has the durability on the bottom. What do you think?

It's not a bad choice. You can also check out some other manufacturers. USIA makes a trilam type suit that is very durable and sells for about the same amount as the DUIs.

I have a CF200, my next suit will be a TLS350.

I think the 50/50 is the worst of both worlds.

If you want durability and short drying times, get a CLX450.

all4scuba05:
It's a drysuit. Isn't the outside the only side that needs drying time?

Body moisture dampens the inside.

While packing up after my saltwater shore dives, I rinse all my gear, including my CLx450.

I turn it inside out and the body moisture dries in a few minutes.

Then I turn it rightside out while I finish packing and for the 2-hour trip home.

It's close to completely dry when I get home, except for the CF200 socks, of course. Those take another day or so. :)

Dave C

loosebits:
I have a CF200, my next suit will be a TLS350.

I think the 50/50 is the worst of both worlds.

If you want durability and short drying times, get a CLX450.

Or... you could argue that the CLX450 is the worst of all worlds. Heavier and slower drying than a 350, but doesn't have the flexibility or insulating properties of a CF200x. :D It all depends what you're looking for. if it's durability at a lower cost than the CF200x, then the CLX450 is a good choice. If it's flexibility and durability, then go for the CF200x. If it's light weight and quick drying, then go for the TLS350. Just my $0.02.

LG Diver:
Or... you could argue that the CLX450 is the worst of all worlds. Heavier and slower drying than a 350, but doesn't have the flexibility or insulating properties of a CF200x. :D It all depends what you're looking for. if it's durability at a lower cost than the CF200x, then the CLX450 is a good choice. If it's flexibility and durability, then go for the CF200x. If it's light weight and quick drying, then go for the TLS350. Just my $0.02.

Very well put. Different strokes for different folks.

shin1999:
thanks for the reply. Seems like 50/50 is a good choice for fast drying on the top and has the durability on the bottom. What do you think?
You should really look into the USIA Techniflex strong stretchy material called Bioflex. I wanted a TLS350 at first until I saw and felt the USIA Techniflex. I asssumed they were the same price but it turned out I saved over $600. I figured something that looked that good was going to cost me over $2000. As far as it drying fast,let's just say that it is not an issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom