Change from Sony VX2100 to ?? XR520?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi!

Just to say that finaly I bought a sealux housing with wide angle and a FX7!
I tested the FX7 and the VX2100 in a dark room, and I can see that the vx2100 is much more better in low light. even with 18DB gain on the FX7, it is less light than the vx2100
I hope the dives footages will be enough bright :-(

Hi,
how is the difference regarding the noise? I think that this is also very important. HD needs bigger sensors for the same low light result. Hopefully, you will be satisfied with the result. At 50 m I would not use the red filter or simply use a light. I was very happy with the FX7.

I am not sure if the EX1 can beat the 2100 and this is a very diferent price range.

Yes, I think you're right, the noise seems more important on vx2100, but it's just an overview via the lcd on the camcorders.
Oh yes, You used it at 50m? Any video link to see that?

The deepest was 35-40 m, murky water and rain. The Malpelo footage was taken with it. When you are deep and the shark is below it is maybe too dark but if there is sandy ground or you manage it to shoot with an angle upwards the result will be ok. It is always very dependant on the situation.

Don't forget to use the manual focus, especially in the blue. Pumping of the focus is much more visible with HD....

Ok, thanks.
Yes for the focus I always put infinite as I often film in blue. Even in reefs, the most part of the film is taken not enough close to engage autofocus... This was an error I unfortunatly made several years ago...

Back
Top Bottom