Changing cover for the Scubapro C200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So where you able to buy it? I have the white c200 and in the future I would like to change the color...

Lucas indeed have it, but they asked for 50 Euros for shipping outside of Europe which was not worth it.
My LDS said he expects to get the new Scubapro parts catalog for 2012 in a couple of weeks and then he will be able to order one for me.

Pardon the rookie question but why change it? Isn't it a different color for a specific reason? Like finding it quickly in an emergency situation?

Pardon the rookie question but why change it? Isn't it a different color for a specific reason? Like finding it quickly in an emergency situation?

I am changing the color of it from yellow to black as I am starting to dive with a long hose configuration. In this configuration the regulator which was once an octopus becomes my backup regulator. In case of an out of air situation instead of giving my buddy my octopus I give him my primary regulator (the one I'm breathing from) and I start breathing from my backup which is attached to my neck with a bungee cord.

The reason I change colors is that I usually dive in poor visibility water, and I'm afraid that in case my buddy has no air and starts panicking he will try to get from me the first reg he sees which might be the bright yellow backup reg that is attached to my neck and I can't give him that. Therefore I want to change the color that in case of a panicked buddy he will take the reg I am breathing from which will be more visible and easier to take.

IC...not sure I understand the bungee to the neck part. It seems odd to me that you would want something tied to your neck but then again I am a rookie right??? :wink:

How does the c200 cover come off (to clean inside)? I can remove the little plastic pin but does the cover twist off or pry off or what please?

The securing pin needs to be removed and the cover is unscrewed, easy peasy.

The C200 and C300 covers are interchangeable without issues, other than the cover is marked with C300 and not C200.

The securing pin needs to be removed and the cover is unscrewed, easy peasy.
That cover is super tight--now I'm afraid I won't be able to tighten it enough to line up the pin hole.

Yeah it is pretty tight, especially when new, there is a universal 2nd stage cover tool you can get that help get a better grip on it to unscrew it, though most time I don't need it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom