Chat doesn't work

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a new chat link. Be advised that you must create a new account for the chat. It is NOT attached to the ScubaBoard database. The SB TOS still applies in the Chat room, and there are moderators.

Additionally, the navigation button will not show how many people are in the chat, and at this time there is no way to enable that functionality. If that does become available, then it will be added. The chat should be compatible with any browser that has javascript enabled.

Javascript is not the same as Java which is what the old chat used (Java). Javascript is something that most browsers have enabled by default.

There is a new chat link. Be advised that you must create a new account for the chat. It is NOT attached to the ScubaBoard database. The SB TOS still applies in the Chat room, and there are moderators.

Additionally, the navigation button will not show how many people are in the chat, and at this time there is no way to enable that functionality. If that does become available, then it will be added. The chat should be compatible with any browser that has javascript enabled.

Javascript is not the same as Java which is what the old chat used (Java). Javascript is something that most browsers have enabled by default.
How do I create a new profile for chat. Is it another scubaboard profile or a profile from another link somewhere else?

Peter,

When you click on the Chat tab you will get a chat popup asking you to log in or register. You do have to register for the first time and your username and password can be the same as the regular Scuba Board credentials.

Peter,

When you click on the Chat tab you will get a chat popup asking you to log in or register. You do have to register for the first time and your username and password can be the same as the regular Scuba Board credentials.

Thanks, found the problem. Internet Explorer is blocking the pop up for some reason. Popups are turned off but it still prevents the popup. Tried Google Chrome and it works fine.

so... I need to load another browser just for scubaboard chat ? srsly ? facepalm

I go to chat an get

If this is your first time in the chat, you must create a new user profile for the chat room. It is not attached to your ScubaBoard account.

What do i do now?

I go to chat an get

If this is your first time in the chat, you must create a new user profile for the chat room. It is not attached to your ScubaBoard account.

What do i do now?
What it says to do...you can actually use your SB username as well - I did.

That is literally all that is there. no options to create an account are displayed like others have mentioned. Is this the java problem mentioned causing this????

What it says to do...you can actually use your SB username as well - I did.

I don't know but this is what it normally looks like the first time you try the new chat.

Capture.jpg

I see the same thing in Firefox and Chrome. Maybe you have something blocking pop-up windows on SB?

Back
Top Bottom