chat problem.........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

are you doing this from work or home? my work network is set up to diss allow chat rooms.

are you doing this from work or home? my work network is set up to diss allow chat rooms.

My business; my network; my computer... as always. :wink:

---------- Post Merged at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Let me say this...

1) This is not anything I can fix for you, because I'm not technical support for your computer. I administer this site, and that's all I can fix, when something is broken.
2) While I'll offer you advice on how to potentially fix your problem, it's quite possible that there is nothing I can do for you, and that's just the way it is.

I checked on the support site for the chat. I don't see anything from anyone else reporting issues with their chat rooms.

Without having all of the specifics to your issue, I can't post anything on their site. By specifics, I would need to know all of the details of your computer, operating system, browser versions, plugins, and other software potentially preventing your java from working properly.

Are you using any virus scan? Firewall? Have you disabled all of your plugins and/or addons to your browser that could potentially conflict with java?

Did you try using Chrome, Opera, or Safari as a browser?

Beyond offering you suggestions above, there isn't really anything else that can be done for you. Nobody here on SB has the ability to change any code or re-program the chat code.

If you would like to contact the developer directly, the product is addonchat.com and their support forum is here AddonInteractive Community Forum

After a brief search on AddonInteractive's forums, I found this thread: Chat room not loading for a user. - AddonInteractive Community Forum

Meanwhile, I have contacted AddonInteractive directly. I will keep anyone who is interested in this topic apprised.

The link references to a Java problem.. its not, at least on my end.. its an adobe flash problem. I joined over the weekend and tried to go to chat, was told it was adobe flash. Mine is up to date and installed.
I encountered this a long time ago. I fixed it, but to be honest, I forget now how I did it.

My business; my network; my computer... as always. :wink:

---------- Post Merged at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:35 PM ----------

After a brief search on AddonInteractive's forums, I found this thread: Chat room not loading for a user. - AddonInteractive Community Forum

Meanwhile, I have contacted AddonInteractive directly. I will keep anyone who is interested in this topic apprised.

So... did you try any of the suggestions in that thread?

So... did you try any of the suggestions in that thread?

Yes, I tried doing the "fix" through the Java control panel but unfortunately it didn't work. :shakehead:

So I now have a support ticket open with AddonInteractive. Hopefully, we can work together to sort this out.

---------- Post Merged at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:37 PM ----------

The link references to a Java problem.. its not, at least on my end.. its an adobe flash problem. I joined over the weekend and tried to go to chat, was told it was adobe flash. Mine is up to date and installed.
I encountered this a long time ago. I fixed it, but to be honest, I forget now how I did it.

Yes, as I mentioned before, both my Java & Adobe Flash add-ons are current as well. Verrry mysterious.... :confused:

Yes, I tried doing the "fix" through the Java control panel but unfortunately it didn't work. :shakehead:

So I now have a support ticket open with AddonInteractive. Hopefully, we can work together to sort this out.

Do you have the Skype plugin enabled?

Do you have the Skype plugin enabled?

Nope. The Skype plugin has always been disabled.

I am becoming convinced that this is an issue with Java 7.

Meanwhile, I have downgraded back to FF 13 because frankly, a lot of add-ons are not compatible with 14. FF 15 is scheduled to come out Aug 28th and I may upgrade to that version because it addresses the memory issues that have plagued this browser.

This is probably not it either but do you have block pop-up windows enabled in Firefox? Tools>Options>Content. If so, are we on the exception list?

Ok, apparently it's a Java 7 issue. And it's not just with this chat add-on, but with anything else that is java dependent. The Internet is just not liking Java 7! :shocked2:

After downgrading to FF 13 & seeing no improvement, I uninstalled Java 7 and installed Java 6. And now chat works again (in fact I'm in it right now in another window).

Go figure>
:idk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom