CHDK for G15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have not been able to get CHDK to work on my G15. Has anyone else tried? Success??

It's currently a beta build, so there may be problems, but have you looked to see if your firmware matches the build? Have you ever used the CHDK before on another camera? It's not as simple as putting it on your card. Start here: CHDK in Brief - CHDK Wiki and let us know how you do.

The firmware of my camera does not match the beta build. I learned that belatedly. I have used CHDK with an A570is for years. I tried all variations of CHDK installation in my G15, but none worked. Mostly, the camera locked up and I had to remove the battery to turn it off, however it was turned on. All I want is the ability to directly create DNG files in the camera. I wish Canon would see their way to doing that as a standard feature of all their cameras.

The firmware of my camera does not match the beta build. I learned that belatedly. I have used CHDK with an A570is for years. I tried all variations of CHDK installation in my G15, but none worked. Mostly, the camera locked up and I had to remove the battery to turn it off, however it was turned on. All I want is the ability to directly create DNG files in the camera. I wish Canon would see their way to doing that as a standard feature of all their cameras.
Why do you need DNG files when you have a RAW format (CR2) already?

Something which I had to do anyways with my G7 because the RAW files from CHDK wasnt accepted by PS or LR regardless of which format I chose..

It would be nice if it allowed to synch the strobe turned to sttl when shooting manual mode on the g15. :)

You need CHDK to be able to run my script and enable TTL in manual. That is the whole idea behind getting CHDK. Other than the ability to run script the only other useful feature for me is the accurate battery %

For RAW files every program is now able to import canon RAW directly and even have a good preprocessing including canon own photo professional. What is the benefit of DNG?

You need CHDK to be able to run my script and enable TTL in manual.
Now that IS a good reason to have CHDK. Cant see why theres no TTL in manual on the G15 to begin with though - they have it on DSLRs..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom