CHDK Hack - possible added functionality to some Canon Cameras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coz it is already supporting raw & full manual functions out of the box only DoF not there - which I personally don't need.

For the record, the CHDK is great for the G9 if you have an Ikelite housing and Ikelite strobe. The standard behavior if you want to use TTL metering for the Ikelite strobe is to use the Av setting with a factory locked shutter speed setting of 1/60. I found 1/60to be too slow for most scenarios. The CHDK allows you to either lock the shutter or apeture to whatever you want so the TTL functionality works better. For example, I setup CHDK to override the apeture to lock at either f/5.6 for WA or f/8 for macro then set the camera to Tv and manually set the shutter speed to whatever I think is appropriate for the shot. The TTL metering picks up my settings and exposes the shot perfectly with my Ikelite strobe on TTL mode on the strobe.

Back
Top Bottom