CHDK is not an option

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With G12 + WP-DC34 + 2 x Dyron diopters the area of focus is a couple of centimeters away from the diopter, so I would move back if it was possible. :)

With stacked diopter you can move further away and zoom
Try that

If you zoom it is exactly the same, diopters are there so that you can get a higher magnification without having to harass marine life
Anyway supposing that you are not able to do that, what arms have you got and how long they extend?

I've also now installed CHDK on one of my memory cards to try it out. I'd like to know, what you guys use it for. I

- added some custom stuff on the screen (battery percentage, clock, memory card space left and zoom position)
- prepared a shutter speed value override setting to 1/1000 (to use STTL for taking black background macro photos). I found out, that ISO could be made even smaller than 80, but I'm not sure if this makes any difference quality-wise for macro photos?
- made video quality 99 instead of 84 and changed mode to "quality" instead of "default" (any idea, what these settings do?)
- changed <ALT> mode button to "Jump" instead "Print" (I need this to control the dials because I have WP-DC34 housing)

Any other great ideas/recommendations (e.g. taking timelapse videos without miniature mode)?

so will this work with the S100? i would love to have access to the rear wheel control....

Some cameras even get to F16 however a camera with small sensor has got so much depth of field that it is only worth it if you have a strong diopter

Continuing my own list:

I also found out, that one can go down to f/11 with G12 using CHDK!

At least with stacked Dyron macro diopters (especially fully zoomed in) the depth of field so small, that I take all the help I can get. :wink:

Some cameras even get to F16 however a camera with small sensor has got so much depth of field that it is only worth it if you have a strong diopter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom