Check out dives this weekend!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Watch, depth gauge: Good for really shallow square profile dives.
Computer: Use with watch & depth gauge--compare them.
Tables: Good for square profiles. Many dives are.
eRDPml: Good for "true" multi-level dives (If you go to 60' and gradually ascens to shore, or up on a wreck without leveling off at specific depths, it is pretty useless). Use computer and be conservative.
Computer vs. Tables/analog, etc.: All theoretcal data, of course: computers tell you exactly what your remaining bottom time is. Tables on pretty much square profiles are more comservative because your depth gauge
needle may read 60'. But unless your head is in the sand the whole time you may have averaged 57 feet. If I am doing a multi level dive I use the computer, but try to reach my safety stop with a bit more remaining bottom time than had I used tables.
Personally I have not felt the need to have any more than one computer and one watch.

Last edited:
Watch, SPG: Good for really shallow square profile dives.
Computer: Use with watch & SPG--compare them.
Tables: Good for square profiles. Many dives are.
eRDPml: Good for "true" multi-level dives (If you go to 60' and gradually ascens to shore, or up on a wreck without leveling off at specific depths, it is pretty useless). Use computer and be conservative.
Computer vs. Tables/analog, etc.: All theoretcal data, of course: computers tell you exactly what your remaining bottom time is. Tables on pretty much square profiles are more comservative because your SPG
needle may read 60'. But unless your head is in the sand the whole time you may have averaged 57 feet. If I am doing a multi level dive I use the computer, but try to reach my safety stop with a bit more remaining bottom time than had I used tables.
Personally I have not felt the need to have any more than one computer and one watch.

You know that an SPG is NOT depth gauge, right?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

button, you'll learn very quickly to Adhere to what beaverdivers has to say.
Correction made.
the plan is to either wait until the next day and then dive strictly tables....or guess my pressure group (data from others, my watch, readings prior to my PDC failing), add some conservatism, and then do a very shallow, conservative dive. The biggest reason you would need two computers
Hence, if you have two computers you are still diving when one fails. You are not playing a guessing game!
St Moritz watches are nice....but they're not "Dive watches."
THE M1 is good down to 660', has a screw-down crown & Uni-directional Bezel and is made of Hi-grade 316L Steel case; Now, that is what I call a " Dive Watch "!:acclaim:

1M-DV01A1A.jpg

Then get a nice dive watch like a St. Moritz so you can show off that you are a SCUBA diver!

"Nice dive watch" and "St Moritz" don't really belong in the same sentence. The name conjurs up a lot more than the cheap POS Japanese movements they use.

Oh, but wait. I'll bet a nickle that... Nah, couldn't be. Right? Are you? You are, aren't you? I knew it!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Right. Too much looking at that old console I guess.

This question points out the inherent problem with a watch; you still need a depth gauge.
"Nice dive watch" and "St Moritz" don't really belong in the same sentence.
IMO, St. Moritz offers a quality product for a great value (M1 about $100).

This question points out the inherent problem with a watch; you still need a depth gauge.IMO, St. Moritz offers a quality product for a great value (M1 about $100).

What does "quality product" mean by itself? Without a modifier, it means nothing. Quality is like "distance" or "height" or "weight" in actuality. (How tall was he? Height! How far did you drive? Distance!) In the case of St Moritz the modifier that goes with quality is "low" in general. I suppose at 20% off list - if someone loved the look and didn't care about diving with it - the QPR (quality/price ratio) might be OK.

Do me a favor and PM me if you ever happen to stumble on a decent shore dive in Chincoteague Bay or any bay area in MD or VA.

Do me a favor and PM me if you ever happen to stumble on a decent shore dive in Chincoteague Bay or any bay area in MD or VA.

Will do! Our instructor claims that in the fall you can sometimes get 10-15 feet of visibility in the bay, although I wouldn't hold my breath for that.

In other news, who's got 2 fins and a temporary c card? :):):):)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom