Check Up on Fantasy Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nagel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was at FI back in Oct 2010, right before the "new management" took over. Reports I've read said that the new management took over and immediately improvements were being made.

Well, it's been a few months now...how is the progress going? Is FI once again one of the premier dive locations in Roatan and newly remodeled?

Snagel

Snagel,

I was there for a week beginning December 4. I was amazed at the amount of work they'd done in the month since your visit.

Now that I've seen the updated photos and narrative from Rich, I'm really amazed at how much money they must be investing there.

I thought it was great when I was there in December....now it looks like a significant step up from that.

Bad news is, I probably won't be able to afford it anymore. They're probably not going to offer any significant promotions any time soon.

Ron

That's my worry too Ron G. We booked the end of October with the out-going travel agency in Texas and got a deal that was supposed to be offered for all of 2011. A set number of rooms each week offering the full AI/dive package for only $819 per person + tax. That's $1638 for the two of us. Now I'm looking at June at the offical FI agency and they want $2250 for the two of us. That's $600 dollars more. :shocked2:

I'm afraid we'll fall in love with FI in 2 weeks but won't be able to afford to return. I may have to seriously look at Cozumel.

Anyone know what that "promotional code" field is for on the reservation page? Where can I get one for a discount? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom