Checking battery level on Predator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KellyAsh

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm getting an error #175 saying it can't find the computer. I am getting the same error on my tablet where I've downloaded dives to many times before so it leads me to the computer itself.

I was told a low battery, or a bad dongle, could cause the same error message. I don't think it's the dongle because I can see the computer acknowledge the connection when I unplug the dongle and plug it back in. It doesn't register as a Predator bluetooth device on the computer though.

My next step is to check each of the batteries I am using but can't find an option for it on the predator.

Any ideas before I send an email?

Do you have the battery cap upgrade? Mine was having some issues such as low battery showing then going back to full. When it was showing low it did funky things trying to connect. Turns out I had a battery that was marginal and coupled with the old style battery cap things were just not right. I emailed them and had a new battery holder on the way within 24 hours. Put it on with a fresh battery and everything resolved.

I have also found that making sure I have the right battery from a reliable source is another way to insure smooth operation. Looking back over my dives it seems that around 50 - 60 hours is where the batteries from Radio shack start to lose it. But they are often on sale and so I always have an extra on hand. Got one on line at one time and it lasted less than 30 hours.

Also spending a lot of time playing with the computer draws the battery down sooner than you realize. But it's just so damn much fun to play with this thing and demo it for others! If you don't have the cap upgrade get it. Upgrade the firmware. Then just put in a new good battery.

I use only the SAFT 14500 batteries. I'll email Shearwater since I'm not sure if I have the new battery cover or the old one and I might as well replace the dongle and have a new battery sent down while I'm at it.

It would be nice to be able to check my battery level somehow.

Thanks for the advice Jim!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom