Chicago Diving Party

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're welcome to join me. I'll email you directions and stuff.

Steven

MgicTwnger once bubbled...
I'll be staying in Antioch for the weekend. Is there anyone I could hook up with on Saturday for a lift to and from Milwaukee? I'll be coming up Saturday morning and can meet with you somewhere in the 'burbs. I'm not very familiar with the area, me being a sod buster and all.:confused:

jepuskar once bubbled...
I go to Cozumel for 2 weeks and miss out on the bookings for this...

When/where is the dinner going to be? Maybe I can make an appearance.

:rolleyes:

Check with reefraff. There might be one seat open on both dives.

I can do the Sunday dive on the 20th.

I was hoping to do the Straits of Mackinac, but if thats not possible...thats ok, Im still in.

Does anyone have any idea what the water temps are going to be at 90+ feet? I only have a 7mm/hood/gloves and i wont be too happy freezing my arse off. :)

Hopefully Reefraff and I get this taken care of...I would love to meet some of you.

Jason

jepuskar once bubbled...
I can do the Sunday dive on the 20th.

I was hoping to do the Straits of Mackinac, but if thats not possible...thats ok, Im still in.

Does anyone have any idea what the water temps are going to be at 90+ feet? I only have a 7mm/hood/gloves and i wont be too happy freezing my arse off. :)

Hopefully Reefraff and I get this taken care of...I would love to meet some of you.

Jason

I PM'd you - soon as I get your check you're official. One seat (tentatively) remains for the Saturday Milwaukee portion of this adventure...

:cold:
Somewhere around 12 fathoms the temperatures this past weekend dropped from 45F to 42F, so the thermoclines are finally returning. By the time we're diving, the bottom temps will probably be another three or four degrees warmer (about as toasty as it gets) but the topwater will be much warmer.

:lunch:
So how does everyone feel about dinner Saturday? Is there anyone out there that couldn't make the dives that would like to join us?

Steven

:confused:

Listen, I know it's a bit late in the game to ask this, but I'm coming to Canada for the month of July, and may be in Chicago that week-end. Have there been any last minute cancellations or are both dives full. I think I would only be interested if both days were available, kind of a long way to travel for one day of diving. Also I remeber last time I was in chicago (Sammy hit his 61st homerun against the dodgers) we ate at a cool little place called Dick's last resort. Would be kind of a fun place to have dinner again. I know I'm not part of this thread or anything, but would love to dive Lake Michigan. I would need to rent a tank as well as a wet suit as I don't think the 3mm I wear in Australia will be adequate. Please let me know as I am eager to fill my trip back home with plenty of diving.

farrakhan once bubbled...
:confused:

Listen, I know it's a bit late in the game to ask this, but I'm coming to Canada for the month of July, and may be in Chicago that week-end. Have there been any last minute cancellations or are both dives full. I think I would only be interested if both days were available, kind of a long way to travel for one day of diving. Also I remeber last time I was in chicago (Sammy hit his 61st homerun against the dodgers) we ate at a cool little place called Dick's last resort. Would be kind of a fun place to have dinner again. I know I'm not part of this thread or anything, but would love to dive Lake Michigan. I would need to rent a tank as well as a wet suit as I don't think the 3mm I wear in Australia will be adequate. Please let me know as I am eager to fill my trip back home with plenty of diving.

Right now there is only one seat available for the Saturday/Milwaukee dive and the Sunday/Chicago dive is full. If any of the participants should cancel, it will definitely get posted here first, so keep an eye on this thread.

You meet the criteria for being a part of this thread by posting here and are more than welcome - it would be terrific to have a representative from down under join us. If a seat becomes available, getting you some rental gear shouldn't be a problem.

Steven

My boyfriend & I would love to meet up w/ everybody for dinner & drinks on that Saturday. Just post the details: Place, address, time & we'll be there.

Back
Top Bottom