Chics dig scars.....Or don't they?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oh and fyi, i dig scars. I think scars make guys look mad hott. Like a mad decked out guy with a scar from a bad kf... oh whoops sorry.. teenager talk. Um, yes I like them. lol.

whalerkyle:
Ok, I'm just completely bored out of my mind at work today, and reading about Ken's mishap has inspired me to share some personal misfortune.

Heres a little short story about my bad luck over the past 28 years.

10 years old, living in the Sierra Mountains with my family. I loved to watch the local Lumberjacks cut down the huge trees and feel them crash to the ground. One day I was standing too close and the Lumberjack lost hold of his chainsaw and it somehow kicked back out of his hands and landed squarely on my shin. Complete loss of the left foot. I woke up in the hospital in Fresno County with my entire left leg in a cast, and foot sewed back on. Now it's 3 sizes smaller then the right foot.

Age 13, same mountain area, me and a buddy found some old miner shed with a few rusty tools left in it. I just happen to put my foot up on a stump when at the same time my friend slammed down an old rusty hatchet he had found. Now my 3 middle toes on my LEFT FOOT were chopped off. We didn't wear shoes. I was actually able to hobble to the main road and call for help. The toes were sewn back on, and leeches were used to pull the blood to the tips of the toes. They still work today, but kinda twisted and ugly.

Age 17 living in Orange County, and riding dirt bikes each day. I was cleaning the chain by holding a rag around the chain, while the bike was in gear, with the engine running. POP, there goes the LEFT middle finger, just below the outer knuckle. Finger was never to be seen again.

Age 18, Motocross race in San Jacinto California. 90 foot double jump, landing short, smashing my face into my handlebars crushing my eyesockets, cheekbones, nosebridge, and jaw. 18 Titanium plates later I'm good as new.

Age 20, got a boat, took up SCUBA/Spearfishing/Rod and Reel fishing, and never had an accident since.

Anyone else have any stories?

Kyle-Can you tell I'm bored?

This is the same man that wants to see a tank explode? Kyle I take back every time that I said you were chicken and that is why you haven't blown up the tank yet.

I have made it 36 years with a chip fracture of my middle finger, 7 stitches in my chin, five in my index finger and one voluntery sinus sugery. Hard to believe that I work in the construction industry.

My chaffeur got a static shock once while opening the door for me..........wait, that wasn't me...........tried to kill a 72 Nova and a Chevy truck with two different motorcyles. Have some lady impressin' scars from those. Sideways into a tree with a 68 Mustang. That hurt. Worked at a meat packing plant and ran a knife through my left fore arm. Several scars on wrists 'cause I used to pester my little sister when we were kids.(she had long finger nails). Several other little scars from working on cars, but I can't compete with most of the other posts.

I can’t get ANY woman to look at my vasectomy scars. I don’t think they like scars! :)

Hey Ken, how is your leg progressing, anyway?

Spectre:
Wednesday I moved onto Bondage Device #3. It's removable!

Bummer, i thought we were gonna get a shot of that pasty grey skin look unique to a freshly removed caste. Day of the living dead comes to mind.

Some of my best scars are power tool related:

1.) Chainsaw kick back from tree to knee. Nice three by one trench mark which is healing nicely now.

2.) Cut a chunk of my left big toe off when sawsalling through a floor into my favorite pair of nikes. Nikes don't have steel toes by the way. OSHA is right sometimes.

But my favorite bragging scar is front and center on my brain bucket above my left eye. While removing a unit heater from a job, i was on the dumb side (bottom of the ladder) while my buddy on the top (smart side) was accidently letting go of the heater. My head deflected the heater nicely on the way down while it torn a nice size divot of skin from my eyebrow to just over my eye. It was a gusher.

I knew i was in trouble when i looked at my buddy and he was turning a nice shade of grey just looking at me. I gave him my best Rocky, "hows it look?" and proceeded to pass out. The only good thing about being on the dumb side of a ladder is you don't have far to fall when you pass out.

31 stitches later i was good as new. 20 years later it looks pretty good. The first ten years or so it was pretty nasty, bad end of a knife fight, looking.

gedunk:
Bummer, i thought we were gonna get a shot of that pasty grey skin look unique to a freshly removed caste. Day of the living dead comes to mind.

Uh.. No. There was a 90 minute soaking in the tub as soon as I got home... complete with pumice stone, lufa sponge and other various chick products that I found buried in the back of my closet.

Now that I'm starting to get a little strength back, I might haul up some tanks and spend a few hours face down in the tub. The cats get into the bubble thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom