Christi with Blue XTSEA Takes a TypeII DCS Hit (+)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JenLoves2Dive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey guys. If you have been trying to reach Christi with Blue XTSea and she hasn't responded, please don't get frustrated.

You may or may not know, but she has been pretty much every day, in and out of the chamber for the last 10 days. Christi suffered a TypeII DCS hit. Dr. Piccolo has been taking very good care of her but she is still suffering quite a bit with some neurological symptoms, weakness, fatigue, migraines, balance issues and problems with enunciating and putting her words together.

Although she didn't do anything specifically to cause the hit, there were just a string of events, when all mixed together, stacked the cards against her, so to speak. It's something we can all learn from as far as not pushing ourselves too hard when we are diving. Not staying hydrated, not getting the proper amount of sleep, diving multiple dive days, and some times your body is a just a little out of balance and then you tip the scales against you. Sometime, we never even know what causes us to take a hit but it's wise to keep the odds in our favor.

So it's been daily chamber rides for her for the past 8 days. Yesterday, the doctor spared her the chamber treatment, however, she was on strict advice of rest with minimum movement and/or exertion and then he would reevaluate her over the next 48 hours. She did well yesterday, but today she had a setback and is fatigued and having speech issues once again, which is part of this type of neurological hit. Dr. Piccolo is aware and keeping close tabs and she will be reevaluated again tomorrow. They will make a determination on whether or not she continues on in her "barbie dream bubble house" as she now has affectionately nick-named the chamber. I just talked to her today and she was having a lot of difficulty concentrating, and speaking.

Christi has asked me to tell you, if you have been trying to reach her by phone or email, it's been pretty much impossible for her to communicate. Please be patient and understand and hang in there. She has someone coming in to help her catch up with all her emails and messages some time tonight or tomorrow.

From me, Christi, please take it easy and REST-REST-REST. I all wish you good health and a speedier road to recovery as this has not been a fun one to travel down, so far. Get well soon!!

Thank you for letting us know. Nothings more important than our health, and hopefully everything will work out for her to get back on her feet soon, but until then she needs to rest & follow the Dr's orders. Wish her well on my behalf.

Larry.

I was wondering what she meant in another post about doctors orders. Hope she gets better soon, I am sure Dr P is taking good care of her! Get well soon Christi!

Hey guys. If you have been trying to reach Christi with Blue XTSea and she hasn't responded, please don't get frustrated.
Sorry to hear that. :( Wishing her a speedy and full recovery.

Although she didn't do anything specifically to cause the hit, there were just a string of events, when all mixed together, stacked the cards against her, so to speak. It's something we can all learn from as far as not pushing ourselves too hard when we are diving. Not staying hydrated, not getting the proper amount of sleep, diving multiple dive days, and some times your body is a just a little out of balance and then you tip the scales against you. Sometime, we never even know what causes us to take a hit but it's wise to keep the odds in our favor.

Are there any further details you can post about the string of events, or was it just the multiple dive days, fatigue, dehydration?

I am wishing her the very best. I have not had the pleasure of meeting her personally, but I greatly admire her presence on SB.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom