cleaning dive slate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leisurepro sells some sort of slate cleaner...works fine. I'm guessing any sort of slightly abrasive household cleaner will work as well. I'm not responsible for any slates ruined because of my recommendations. :)

Try the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Works great on my dive slate, and you can cut it up into smaller pieces to keep in your dive kit.

VIM Creme does a super job on my white board and my wife's NAUI tables after a day's diving. We also keep an artists' eraser with our log books which does a good job during SI's, but imagine that most erasers would work.

let us know what you end up using and how it works out for you.

Em_Dee:
Try the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Works great on my dive slate, and you can cut it up into smaller pieces to keep in your dive kit.

There is NOTHING better than this. It's cheep, it's easy, it works quickly, it lasts a good long time, awsome product.

TwoBit

I'll try and see if I can get that eraser. I have a few erasers I use in art class, the "kneadable rubber" one that I dislike for drawing doens't seem to do diddly squat...I'll have to dig out the art supplies later and see if I can do anything with them..

Em_Dee:

WOW...I've aways used a dab of soft scrub w/bleach om my slates, but have recently found the amazing powers of that Crazy Magic Eraser around my house, gonna have to test er' out on my slate now...Thanx

this was also a question about a month ago. I use fine grit sand from the beach or even TOOTHPASTE!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom