Close call in the dressing room

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My vote still goes for Franko the Fish Whisperer donning a wetsuit by putting his legs through the arm sleeves. :D

well we already have the DRAN: Dressing Room Alert Network

i hear PADI has a new specialty class, "Dressing Room Safety for the AWARE
Diver"

you have to visit six dive shops, buy something, and try it on under the
supervision of an instructor

well... you know why women do this? it's so they can TALK the whole way
through the shopping experience

there are unisex dressing rooms at a local dive shop, and trying anything
on when women are around is a nightmare!

ACT I, Scene One:

andy struggles with too-tight shorts, while from the next stall, he
hears:

and then i'm like, "whatever!"

oh my god!

yeah... so i'm like "whatever!!! and she's like "whatEVER"

oh MY GOD!

yeah, so it's like WHATEVER! you know what i mean?

whatever!

whatever!

Act 1 Scene 2;
Andy now in his wetsuit steps out to steal a glance in the mirror and whispers to the LDS owner "Psst...help me get this thing off.." :mooner:

Just in time to hear the girls step out of the next room:
"OH my god....giggles loudly"
now girlfriend stares at Andy while laughing so loudly she's crying....

:rofl3:

Ok I just found this thread, so I am wee bit late in joining but the title got me! I used to frequent a dive shop in Arlington, Texas where the owner had a boa constrictor as a pet. One day a lady went to try on a wetsuit in the dressing room and all that was heard was screaming a few minutes later and the short surprised response of the shop owner saying "uh oh, I forgot I let the boa out for a little exercise today IN THE DRESSING ROOM!!!!!"

It was chaos after that........

I ordered a full wetsuit with sleevless hooded vest. I tried it on one morining about 2AM (I have insomnia). I could not get the darned hooded vest off. I ended up having to go up to my husband and awaken him to help me get out of the thing. I then had to go to the Chiropractor that day because I had injured my shoulder!! All this was for a planned dive trip to Destin over the TG weekend 07. Boat did not go out due to the weather, so I have never worn the wetsuit.

The new posts are fun. Since I posted on this thread I really can relate to the stories.

Sadly I have had a similar experience. I am just one week away from finishing up my certification and still have all my borrowed scuba gear at home. I was thinking it would be good idea to have my own wetsuits, so I was looking online for one to purchase. I actually had two, one larger than the other, since the OW dive was expected to be pretty cold. So I figure its only smart of me to try on both, see which fits better. Mind you, this is a Friday night, well into the happy hour. :)

So I manged to get the bigger of the two on pretty easy, walk around a bit, trying to decide if it would be too loose in the water. Then, it starts to get a bit warm. I reach around to grab the zipper pull, only to realize it has disappeared. By this point the dog is very curious. Mind you she ALWAYS thinks it play time anyway. While I fight to find the pull string which somehow crawled deep into the suit she decides that this is some kind of taunting dance. Also by this point I really, really start to think wetsuits should come with a zipper fly. The dog is running around, insane, barking at me. So much for mans best friend. I manage to get the zipper unstuck and out of the thing. The dog is heartbroken its not some new game. At any rate the new wetsuit is on the way, hopefully it doesn't earn another post. :)

As an aside, anyone else's dog go bizerk when you put on fins? She doesn't seem to mind the mask even, but flips out about fins.

So Glad i found this thread - until now i thought i was the only one that suffered this type of indignity! My own tale of woe starts off with a visit to the UK's biggest dive expo, no thoughts of buying anything in particular until i come across a stand selliing a nice line in Scubapro wetsuits. I ask the guy for my usual xxl and he looks me up and down and says "Sir I think you'll find that an xl is more your size". Well being flattered by the fact that I must have slimmed down (considerably) since my last wetsuit purchase I dutifully take the suit into a small curtained off cubbyhole that they have at the end of the stand, on goes the wetsuit, hmmmm more than a bit snug I think , 15 minutes later and i'm still trying to get it back off again (male pride stops me from seeking assistance). Finally I get it off my shoulders and thinking I'm on the homestretch I try and yank my legs out. Shock horror I overbalance, grab at the curtain for support (bad move!) and fall straight out into the main walkway of the exhibition during the busiest time of the day with wetsuit around my ankles - I got an extra 10% discount for "entertainment value" Happy days !!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom