Closest place for cave diving??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, I did and am continuing cave training here in Mexico. The systems are endless and with many different degrees of difficulty so it’s a great place to learn. If you really want to get into cave diving you need to dive as much and as often as possible. My boyfriend is a cave diver and instructor and has been here diving the caves and instructing for year. Life is also more affordable here and certainly if you get into the right crowd your diving becomes more affordable too.

As Jim said Canadian caves, Cold, tight, dark and silty. Florida caves, Warm (65-75 degree water) Some are tight but many have large open rooms, and the water in the ones you will train in, are gin clear. Enjoy and be careful.

Training in Florida gives you experience in high flow, no flow, shallow and deeper systems a nice range of places and differant caves to dive and gain experience. Mexico is good training but you get less experience in flow and depth but you'll experience haloclines and get some excellant reel running experience. I would say get trained in FL then go on a vacation and enjoy some fun diving in Mexico that will give you a range of experiences. You know the old saying Train in the conditions similar to what you'll be diving later.

Good luck, you will love cave diving, its a whole new world, and there are so many interesting caves to visit all over the world!

You can dive haloclines in FL too.... Just have to know where to look.

A central NJ shop that you're probably familiar with is running a Cavern/Cave training trip in February:

Cavern & Intro To Cave Trip

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom