Cobalt 2 frozen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emmitt96

Registered
Reaction score
Just got my new BPW setup. I got into the pool to check things out, and my Cobalt 2 froze. It locked up at the one minute mark. I reset it with no change after reboot. It will not change screens, and will not shut off. I let the battery run down, but after charging, it is still stuck at the time and date of when it froze. Has any one had a similar problem?

Let me get a little more information. I very much want to understand what happened to your Cobalt.

Is this a new Cobalt 2, or have you had it a while? If so, when did you last use it?

What its the firmware version, and has it been updated?

I am sending you a private message (a conversation in SB terms) with a list of specific questions and some things to try.

If it did in fact lock up during a dive it should go back to Atomic for service. That could indicate a case leak, for instance.

Ron

I got it and my wife's, along with our Atomic regs, in October of 2014. It has 51 dives on it. It has not been updated. My last dive before this was about a month ago. I recently lost weight, so I got into the pool to determine how much weight I now need. After a few minutes I realized that my Cobalt 2 was froze at the 1 minute mark, air remaining, depth, etc. all frozen as well. I reset it, and it came back on with none of the buttons working, and will not shut off. I have reset it several times with the same result. The battery ran down, due to it not shutting off. When I recharged it, it came back on to the time and date that it froze. I reset the correct time and date, and pressed ready to dive, and it once again froze. Me, My wife and both kids all have Atomic and Zeagle setups, and have been very happy. The only thing out of the ordinary was that my Cobalt 2 has always used more much battery life than my wife's with the same screen settings .

OK, I sent some instructions via the private conversation. The combination of very old firmware and higher than normal battery usage gives some things to look at. To avoid cross-posting and clutter I will update this thread when we have a resolution.

Ron

Back
Top Bottom