Cobalt 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is correct...would you like me to try it 1 more time? (I only tried once :p )

I'll be glad to send any info you'd like to help test...and I'll PM contact info if you want to do a call or something.

Have you contacted Nick from MacDive? He has been working to diagnose what seems like this issue with one other person. We're sending him a unit to test, so hang in there and I'm sure it will get sorted out.

I you could send me in a PM information about the system that isn't working- OS version, CPU, etc. from the About this Mac menu that might help us figure out if there is a common link with the two of you that aren't getting it to work.

Thanks,

Ron

Just Bought the cobalt 2 for the wife and I . They look beautiful

Have you contacted Nick from MacDive? He has been working to diagnose what seems like this issue with one other person. We're sending him a unit to test, so hang in there and I'm sure it will get sorted out.

I you could send me in a PM information about the system that isn't working- OS version, CPU, etc. from the About this Mac menu that might help us figure out if there is a common link with the two of you that aren't getting it to work.

Thanks,

Ron

I have not...PM sent

[just replying so everyone doesn't think I left you hangin :) ]

Any suggestions on how to protect the screen on the Cobalt 2? I have one set to be delivered tomorrow and I plan on diving it starting this weekend. Are the cell phone screen protectors worth using? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Any suggestions on how to protect the screen on the Cobalt 2? I have one set to be delivered tomorrow and I plan on diving it starting this weekend. Are the cell phone screen protectors worth using? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

It will come with a couple of screen protectors included- one may be installed, I'm not sure how they are being shipped now. Many people seem to like the somewhat heavier duty protectors you can buy from Zagg- they have one made for the Cobalt.

Ron

---------- Post added March 31st, 2014 at 09:38 PM ----------

That is correct...would you like me to try it 1 more time? (I only tried once :p )

I'll be glad to send any info you'd like to help test...and I'll PM contact info if you want to do a call or something.

And Area51tazz, just so you don't think we have forgotten, we are working with Nick from MacDive to try to figure out what is causing a problem on a few Mac systems. No firm answer yet, but we are continuing to investigate.

A couple of questions:

(1) Is there anything I should be using to protect the quick disconnect not at the computer end, but at the exposed portion on the side of the high pressure hose far away from the first stage?

(2) With the latest firmware, are there bug fixes planned for display issues where particular characters are not displaying on the intended lines? My gear is packed, as I will be on a dive trip for the next week and I can't recall the exact page offhand. Maybe it's a known issue?

A couple of questions:

(1) Is there anything I should be using to protect the quick disconnect not at the computer end, but at the exposed portion on the side of the high pressure hose far away from the first stage?

(2) With the latest firmware, are there bug fixes planned for display issues where particular characters are not displaying on the intended lines? My gear is packed, as I will be on a dive trip for the next week and I can't recall the exact page offhand. Maybe it's a known issue?

1) Mainly just try to keep it clean. The little O-ring that is just visible is the vulnerable part, care inserting and removing the QD fitting will help.
2) Yes, there is a display issue with the Pre-Dive Check screen in the 2.13 firmware where things show up on the wrong lines. There is a comprehensive firmware update being tested that will fix this and some other issues we have come across.

Have a good trip!

Ron

Tried to download the firmware update on 3 different computers. Keeps coming up file corrupted on home computers

Tried to download the firmware update on 3 different computers. Keeps coming up file corrupted on home computers

Can you tell me in more detail how you are trying to do this- you downloaded the firmware file for a Cobalt 2, right? It is not possible to run the firmware file on your computer, you should never have the opportunity to see a "file corrupted" message from your desktop OS (you don't say if this is Windows or Mac). You need only to download the firmware file and ultimately to drag it into the Cobalt's image/ icon (BOOTLOADER) when it mounts. All the actual updating happens on the Cobalt. The PC/ Mac/ Linux/ whatever is only used to transfer the file to the Cobalt.

Windows instructions: Atomic Aquatics Cobalt Software
Macintosh instructions: Atomic Aquatics Cobalt Software

Ron

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom