Cobra Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jesstotheocean

Contributor
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Cobra Dive Computer and I'm reading the manual trying to understand on how to use it. Well I swear I've been through the whole manual and I can't figure out on how to turn it off. I know if i leave it alone it'll turn off in 2 hours, but I'd rather not waste my battery. Speaking of the battery, how do I recharge it when I need to? Whew, this manual is confusing, I'm going diving this Saturday so any help would be great.

You don't power it off, it "goes to sleep" itself.

You don't recharge the battery, you replace it (and it should last for over a year [depending on how often you dive]).

WileEDiver:
You don't power it off, it "goes to sleep" itself.

You don't recharge the battery, you replace it (and it should last for over a year [depending on how often you dive]).

Good point, the battery does last at least a year and it gives you a status report on the battery life every time you turn it on. I do, however, keep a spare battery in my "save-a-dive" kit.

As far as the manual goes, keep the laminated card with you when you read it. It provides a good roadmap to all the functions. I keep it in my dive bag even though I rarely refer to it any more.

I keep a spare battery in my Dive kit. Buy them at Radio Shack. Replace them your self. They will last a couple of years and about 100 dives before you see a decrease in the battery profile when you turn it on. Be sure to replace as soon and you drop to 3 bars because it goes to 2 bars real quick. The more you play with it the more it will tell you. Dive, read, play and ask questions.

Chivas:
I keep a spare battery in my Dive kit. Buy them at Radio Shack. Replace them your self. They will last a couple of years and about 100 dives before you see a decrease in the battery profile when you turn it on. Be sure to replace as soon and you drop to 3 bars because it goes to 2 bars real quick. The more you play with it the more it will tell you. Dive, read, play and ask questions.

Thank you everyone for replying, I did my first 4 dives with my new computer and I love it!! I just had to play around with it for a bit after I dove with it to see where everything was stored.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom