CoCo View Dive Resort Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dcs917

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just returned from a great week at CCV, and have posted my somewhat long review of the resort at my blog below:

http://caribbean-blue-diving-services.blogspot.com/

In summary:

"Coco View offers excellent value for the serious diver wanting to get the maximum diving for their money. The rooms are clean and basic, and the food is fresh and well prepared. The resort does not offer a lot other than diving, so if you are looking for Beach and nightlife activities - or traveling with a non-diving partner - I would recommend that you look elsewhere."
I have a bunch of pics (both topside and UW), and will post shortly.

Dive Safe!

Thanks for the summary, I've really been wanting to go but traveling with a non-diving SO I better look elsewhere.

Duncan - a great blog and a hit-it-on-the-head report. CoCoView is, unapologeticaly for divers. Those kind of comments are found in almost any post here on Scubaboard.

What you added was the rare and lengthy review from a visitor who is a nitrogen junkie. That's why I go to CCV, I need my 27 dives per week, too! Hondo divers enjoy the place, return often, but rarely take time to write.

I once took a non-diving friend there for a week of sleep and total lack of stimulus. She is a writer that is well read and the pressures of life were the antithesis to Roatan. She found the "Front Yard" of CCV to be a snorkeler's paradise. As she snorkled in 4 feet of water, I swam up alongside, put a 6' long hose in her mouth and... she was certified by Thursday!

One factual error: The drinking water is supplied in 5 gallon jugs of bottled water, placed in each room as well as utilized at the dining area. Constantly tested well water is used for "tap" water, showers, etc. The rinse tanks are filled using rain water.

Nice to see a report from someone with such an obviously broad base of comparative experience.

Thanks for the comments from a such a CCV junkie as yourself!

You are correct - we had bottled water provided in our rooms. I will clarify the drinking water reference. From what I understand, the concern over malaria/disease also extends to the water used for washing of fruits and vegetables, and this was one of the points I was trying to make.

Nice report. We just got back from FI and heard good things about the CCV dive operation. We did 24 dives the week we were there. They wouldn't let us dive the first day we arrived at FI which was a bummer because we got to the resort at 1pm. :( We could have tied your 27 had we dove the first day. :wink:

Big Fic:
Nice report. We just got back from FI and heard good things about the CCV dive operation. We did 24 dives the week we were there. They wouldn't let us dive the first day we arrived at FI which was a bummer because we got to the resort at 1pm. :( We could have tied your 27 had we dove the first day. :wink:

CCV is the same way for first time guests. You have to take the checkout/orientation with a CCV divemaster before they'll let you dive. But on your subsequent trips, you're free to dive as soon as you arrive!

I love CCV! Every resort I travel to and dive op I use I compare to CCV. Granted, there are a few things I'd change about CCV -- allowing Sat afternoon checkout dives being one of them -- but so far it's the best place I've ever been for diving. The record in our group is 41 dives in a week. I'm happy with around 20. :D

I guess it depends what time you get in. We arrived before 1:00 PM Saturday and did our "checkout dive" later that afternoon. Although there was a lot of talk about demonstrating skills, Lobo was DM and actually only 1 or 2 people were asked to do skills. Bouyancy & trim for the folks in our group was pretty good, and I think this was evident so no skills were asked to be demonstrated.

The checkout dive was really more of an orientation to the front yard, and Lobo did a good job of pointing out the key landmarks for navigation.

Thanks for a great report. T-12 days and counting. the pics were great Was the
iguana trying to tell you something.

Great report! I'm booked for late October. It sounds like just what I was looking for...nothing but diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom