CoCo View Resort Review - Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had numerous delays with Delta but each time i have been given some type of reimbursment.
In all fairness to DELTA, I complained the other day about missing a whole day of our honeymoon and they gave us some travel vouchers. Yay. While that's a nice gesture (I guess) that's like going to a restaraunt, getting served a plate of crap, being forced to eat it, and then having them offer you your next meal of discounted crap at half price as compensation.

Not much incentive there. *shrug*

As RTB says, try TACA perhaps.

In all fairness to DELTA, I complained the other day about missing a whole day of our honeymoon and they gave us some travel vouchers. .

And in all fairness to pretty much all airlines, I don't think any of them enjoy delays, cancellations, weather and equipment issues but shtuff happens. I pretty much figure the pilots, attendants, grounds crew and all others want to get home or off work as much as I want to fly and if they could they would.

Thanks so much for the info. I'll let you know what I decide. How the heck do I find that dang thread leadweight? Obviously this is my first go here...
Dot

Thanks so much for the info. I'll let you know what I decide. How the heck do I find that dang thread leadweight? Obviously this is my first go here...
Dot

If the poster allows it - in their statistical information to the left will be the word posts with a number beside it.

Click on the number and it will bring up the last posts by that poster!

If you click on your 3 you will see all of your posts.

no night dives would be one reason why no jellyfish encounters. IT's the night dives where they hang out near the surface to zap ya.

Actually there are certain times throughout the year where the top few feet of the water column are full of small thimple style jellies even during the day, it all has to do with currents and seasons as well as time of day

Last edited:
Tanks DeputyDan...so simple. Dang..you've been busy with posts! Appreciate your help.
Dot

PaulaPaul here, Just got back from CoCoView and this was the best Dive vacation and the most relaxing vacation I've ever taken. Agree with all the positives above and with the comment that if you didn't enjoy the stay at CoCoView then you probably wouldn't be happy anywhere. From landing at Roatan we were greeted by (Nora?) a very sweet and genuine lady with ' welcome home' and she meant it. From the first to the last moment there you are treated like family and the management treats the staff the same way (like family) and it shows - the staff seems 'at home' and happy serving you in anyway possible. We left feeling connected to the CoCoView family and intend on going back 'home' yearly if finances allow. There was a guy there who had been there 100 times, he is retired and comes back once a month (cheaper and easier than maintaining a retirement home on Roatan) and is cheaper than going to the Gulf to scuba! We feel we are better divers and are having more fun after attending the Buoyancy clinic offered by Patty (Dive shop) and coaching from DiveMaster Eddie, went from 12 lbs to 6 lbs of lead. We destressed 'big time' in one week. We have spent weeks at Bonaire and this was much more relaxing w/o any figuring out where we would eat dinner that night or navigating the island. More time spent diving avg 4 dive/day and that is an easy to do as they take you out in the am and you do a boat dive usually to min ride then 1 hr diving then hang out on the boat eat a snack of Island fruit and hydrate and then they drop you on the CoCoView Wall or Newman's Wall and you do a dive and end up back at the lodge where there is a very cool wreck. Get out shower hang up gear in your personal cubby/locker and eat lunch, lay in a hammock or rest in your room or hit the dive or gift shop or socialize around the lodge. Repeat in afternoon. It really is Dive Eat Drink Sleep times 6. Strongly agree with the bug spray use as the no-see-ums are bad but just spray down after you get out and shower before bed and you will be golden. Use sunscreen...duh. Okay, I could go on...it was great can't wait to go back...highest of recommendations! Paul

Back
Top Bottom