CoCo View Resort Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

10 yrs and older are allowed.

12 yrs and older take adult rate.

Roatan Charter just today sent out an email blast:

For Travel July and August 2011
7 nights, air-conditioned oceanfront room: $1149 per diver*

Junior Divers (or students) 10 - 13 years stay free with parents in same room.
14 - 17 years are half price.
Includes meals and diving under parental supervision for junior divers.

Take advantage of this special one-time offer to bring your junior diver or student diver on a great family vacation. Instruction is available, 20% discount on any entry level course with Dockside Dive Center. Free and discounted rates are for children 10 - 17 that are certified divers or taking a certification course and staying in the same room with 2 paid adults. Please review CoCo View Resort's children policy before making your reservation.

Roatan Charter 1-800-798-1558

Looks like Room 15 got a bit of an upgrade. The room in which I stayed had no such dresser. Maybe CCV management will read my review and place an order with IKEA!! IKEA sells bathroom vanities and dressers.

Heh...

It is my understanding that most Ikea furniture (I've seen some, but not all, so I probably shouldn't generalize) is wood composite with a laminate outside. The resident arthropods, fungi, and other microscopic critters would probably love munching on the soft innards. (Of course, I'm not an entomologist, so I can't speak as to whether or not as an arthropod, I would find wood composite appetizing).

That said, I greatly appreciate your review! (And I hope that you left the feedback to CCV management, and that CCV management, in the spirit of continuous improvement, regularly visits their facilities to see what needs repair/upgrade/refurb etc.)

Best,

hdtran

Roatan Charter just today sent out an email blast:

For Travel July and August 2011
7 nights, air-conditioned oceanfront room: $1149 per diver*

Junior Divers (or students) 10 - 13 years stay free with parents in same room.
14 - 17 years are half price.
Includes meals and diving under parental supervision for junior divers.

Take advantage of this special one-time offer to bring your junior diver or student diver on a great family vacation. Instruction is available, 20% discount on any entry level course with Dockside Dive Center. Free and discounted rates are for children 10 - 17 that are certified divers or taking a certification course and staying in the same room with 2 paid adults. Please review CoCo View Resort's children policy before making your reservation.

Roatan Charter 1-800-798-1558

I booked (and paid) for my midlife crisis prior to this e-mail blast, and switched to Playa Miguel. I don't think I feel like asking to switch back to a slightly lower price in a shared room for 3 vs a private casita. But I will definitely inquire about the discounted instruction!

I do appreciate South Scuba's review, and have already warned spouse & offspring that they should expect to swim, snorkel, and vegetate. They will only see me at meal times, or degassing (off-gassing? out-gassing? Not passing gas :shocked2: !)

I do appreciate South Scuba's review, and have already warned spouse & offspring that they should expect to swim, snorkel, and vegetate. They will only see me at meal times, or degassing (off-gassing? out-gassing? Not passing gas :shocked2: !)

There are things to do off the resort check with the ladies in the office....island tours....some shopping...zip line...snorkel with dolphins I am sure I have left something off....but I never leave the resort once I am there....I am one of the old timers that they "cater" to ;-p....have a great trip

...I am one of the old timers that they "cater" to ;-p....

I read that OP comment to my wife (at CCV a.k.a.: Herself), and being that she is a keen observer of the human condition she reflected upon this, and not for the first time. It was her opinion that this perception is really more a case of prior visitors interacting with other such visiting regulars. It is amazing how many times you run into the same people over the years, especially if you come to CCV in the same time frame each year. In that we go there often throughout the year, between other trips, we see such rotating acquaintances fairly often.

Most interaction occurs on the dive boats between guests and the Honduran local dive staff. They will get to know you pretty quickly, and will quite likely remember you the next time through. It is, of course, up to the visiting diver to interact, and the dive crew makes it pretty easy to do. When they put 14 people in a dive club on the boat and you show up as an unrelated buddy pair, it can be socially isolating, just as any situation similar. Again, it's up to me to go yack with the dive guide or boat captain. As far as old timers getting any special service, I don't see it. But the staff knows what individuals like after a while, and the service gets amazingly individualized. A true credit to their staff and attitudes.

They will, if you signal with a flip of your gear locker tag, load your rig on the boat every morning. If you don't want them to carry it for you, tell them no. If you show them the peculiarities of how you want it rigged, believe me- it shall be done. Or, you can tell them to not rig the tank. Custom, catered service. Just like those "old timers".

The other chance for interaction comes in the main Clubhouse, largely at meal times. If you want to sit with the staffers, feel free. they're looking for a spot to sit down, just like you, although you really won't see many of them eating with the guests. In the evening, you'll likely find the Resort Manager Deb and the Dive Yoda himself, Doc Radawski, sitting and eating with guests. Invite yourself to join. Doc can almost always be found available afterwards somewhere near the bar area. In the mornings, you'll see the Dockside Dive Staff get a quick breakfast, so you have to move and talk fast to engage them. The Night Dockmaster (sometimes rotated form the dive boat staff) is usually available for a sit down at dinner- if you ask him.

I have always encouraged any newcomer to mix it up. There are really no reserved tables, although sometimes it may feel that way. Take the time as you are gearing up in the "locker areas" (what I call wet-rooms) or on the boats to engage other divers. I have never met a friendlier bunch, and very helpful in terms of gear advice, etc. Always meeting new people, including many that I met only beforehand on ScubaBoard. (Including Parotthead who handed me an octo once when my computer stop demands and my gas supply were not in balanced agreement!)

After 5 trips you become a CoCoNut, but by then you'll have blended into that old timer crowd pretty well. Remember- your tenth trip is free, so you could figure that return visitors are getting 10% off with every subsequent visit. That might seem like the trip is cheaper, but by then, you'll be hauling down specific goodies and gifts for your newly made friends who have very long term employment at this home away from home.

We dive all over the world, but always manage to come home to CCV once, twice, or more times throughout the year.

CCV rocks

that is all

Back
Top Bottom