Coco View/Roatan - what an awesome place

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trixxie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We had a great time at Coco View, loved it loved it! The staff couldn't be nicer or more helpful. The dive ops is top notch (but did run out of Nitrox tanks a couple of times but no biggie). The only thing that was not fun was the Roatan Airport or the 3 hr flight back that turned into a 7 hr ordeal. Between getting diverted to Birmingham, Al for 1.5 hrs then not having at gate to park at when we arrived in Atlanta, then not having a gate agent to drive the jet way so they could open the plane door... ugggh.

I would recommend Coco View to anyone that is looking for a great dive vacation. The food was always good and there is plenty of it. I tried using OFF for the first day or two but got ate up by the no see ums - the only thing that worked to keep them from biting me was the cactus juice.

Here are some pictures... http://picasaweb.google.com/trixxiej

Glad to hear you had a blast! CCV seems very highly reviewed amongst serious divers.

We'll make a trip out there eventually... hard to convince the wife to fly down there when Hawaii is so much easier to get to.

Doing a week long mancation to Mexico this year, maybe next year's will be Honduras. We shall see.

Great pics btw!

-B.

Glad things went well.

Will be there 5/19 with my daughter.

Her first Coco View trip.

mauigal:

That first photo...it's the single best image I have ever seen of CCV while shot from an airplane.

Spectacular. Glad you enjoyed what I believe may be the single best AI Dive Resort in the world.

Cool dogs, too.

mauigal:
We had a great time at Coco View, loved it loved it! The staff couldn't be nicer or more helpful. The dive ops is top notch (but did run out of Nitrox tanks a couple of times but no biggie). The only thing that was not fun was the Roatan Airport or the 3 hr flight back that turned into a 7 hr ordeal. Between getting diverted to Birmingham, Al for 1.5 hrs then not having at gate to park at when we arrived in Atlanta, then not having a gate agent to drive the jet way so they could open the plane door... ugggh.

I was on the same plane....ugggh. What a mess. We slept in the airport. I understood the problem with weather but Delta should have had someone directing people when we got off the planes. Next time I wil fly a direct flight on Continental. :wink:

scuba41girl:
I was on the same plane....ugggh. What a mess. We slept in the airport. I understood the problem with weather but Delta should have had someone directing people when we got off the planes. Next time I wil fly a direct flight on Continental. :wink:

Hey there, y'all had the lockers beside us for EZ diver II. That sucks about having to sleep at the airport, been there done that before. By the time we got our bags and got to the curb it was prolly about 11pm. DL is the only direct from ATL, we would have to go via IAH on CO. we're already talking about going back next year. maybe July???

mauigal:
Hey there, y'all had the lockers beside us for EZ diver II. That sucks about having to sleep at the airport, been there done that before. By the time we got our bags and got to the curb it was prolly about 11pm. DL is the only direct from ATL, we would have to go via IAH on CO. we're already talking about going back next year. maybe July???
By the time we rebooked and ate, it was 2:15 am. We had to be back to the airport by 5:30. It didnt pay to get a hotel room. Stan and Shirley also slept in the airport. lol

We are also talking about going back in Feb, but we will see. We are currently researching liveaboards for x-mas week.

mauigal:
I tried using OFF for the first day or two but got ate up by the no see ums - the only thing that worked to keep them from biting me was the cactus juice.

I have to admit that I really HATE bugs, and this is the only objection I had to Roatan. Cactus Juice did help a lot with the no-seeums, but I was still chewed on.

We stayed at CocoView in May 2005. Good dives, good food, dive op was well run. We got to meet some great people. I would recommend it to anyone, as long as they are not as bug-phobic as I am.

scuba41girl:
By the time we rebooked and ate, it was 2:15 am. We had to be back to the airport by 5:30. It didnt pay to get a hotel room. Stan and Shirley also slept in the airport. lol

We are also talking about going back in Feb, but we will see. We are currently researching liveaboards for x-mas week.

Ah liveaboards are great. I checked on the Fiji Aggressor but (cough) was a bit out of the budget. Have a great time where ever y'all end up going!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom