Coffee on dive trips and liveaboards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jennifer, I agree with you about coffee on Aggressor, but I DO LOVE Aggressor liveaboards otherwise!

To be fair, I don't find coffee any good on any of my dive trips. Usually in one of those big carafe things that has been sitting for hours.
Try Cozumel Coffee House or something like that on Coz. Its right off the main square and I think it has decent coffee. I'm no expert like you guys but its ok. The peanut butter coffee is good for about one sip.
The owner is very passionate about coffee and really knows his craft.

What about this little thing?

Nevermind. That thing is asinine.

Jennifer, I agree with you about coffee on Aggressor, but I DO LOVE Aggressor liveaboards otherwise!

To be fair, I don't find coffee any good on any of my dive trips. Usually in one of those big carafe things that has been sitting for hours.
Although their coffee wasn't fantastic, the Aggressor I was on last year had that cool hotel style dry erase door hanger where you could indicate you wanted coffee delivered to your cabin in the morning and how many sweeteners you wanted, cream, etc. etc. It was really nice rolling over and reaching out the door for a stainless travel mug of hot coffee without even having to leave my cabin. I'm booked on the new Cocos Aggressor boat next year and hope they have the same service.

Try Cozumel Coffee House or something like that on Coz. Its right off the main square and I think it has decent coffee. I'm no expert like you guys but its ok. The peanut butter coffee is good for about one sip.
The owner is very passionate about coffee and really knows his craft.
Peanut butter coffee? That sounds absolutely nasty.

Peanut butter coffee? That sounds absolutely nasty.
like I said. one sip. it goes like this...

"oh, hmm"...sip..."errrrrmmmmm"

What about this little thing?

I've got one of those, but it doesn't work for me nearly as well as the Aeropress Go, which is kinda like a french press only you press the coffee through a filter instead of just trying to move it into the bottom of the french press. It has the additional advantage of making expresso if you don't use much water.

or you can just go with cowboy coffee. boil the grinds in water and pour out carefully.

like I said. one sip. it goes like this...

"oh, hmm"...sip..."errrrrmmmmm"
I'm going to have to disagree. I didn't think I'd like it, but I actually love the peanut butter coffee at COZ Coffee Roasting Company. I also know at least 3 other coffee lovers (people who actually like good, strong coffee, not just sweet coffee drinks) who have tried it with reservations and now all really like it. So, YMMV, but I'd recommend at least trying it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom