Cold water gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try these SEAC SUB "FireDry". they got a layer(orange colour) that reflects heat back into your hands and head, EXCELLENT! even when you put them back on for 2nd/3rd dive they warm up very quickly. i cut the fingers tips off the gloves for better manipulation, my finger tips only get cold when temp is down to about 3-5 c! and theyre not that expensive. i paid £28.00 for the hood and £25.00 for the gloves, well worth the investment.

Seac Sub Firedry Hood and gloves, they got an orange lining that reflects heat back to your head/hands. absolutely Effing damn good! diving in jan in stoney cove is no joke. you will be suprised as to how warm they really are. and not expensive, gloves were £25.00, hood was £28.00!

Have to laugh at junk science like "orange reflective". You're in water. 99% of your heat loss is going to be from conduction. So reduce flushing as much as possible to reduce that. The ultimate end game of that is a dry glove!

In case when I have to put myself at cold water without drysuit (brrrrrr... wondering for what for?), i'm using Camaro Seamless gloves, 7 mm. Not bad, but anyway, drysuit+drygloves will be the better choise.

I'm also diving the Pinnacle Kodiak wetsuit and after having cold hands for a long time with the Henderson 5 mm hyperstretch gloves I picked up the XS 5mm Semi-dry gloves. Getting out into Lake Michigan to test them out soon. Hope they live up to the hype you all gave them because at 75 feet its going to be about 45 degrees.

you'll love 'em!!
i used them in the st. lawrence last jan. at 33*

my arthritic 52 yearold beat up bad hands were perfect!!!!!!
...a bit of a curve getting them on and off though-better with buddy help...
have fun
yaeg

Back
Top Bottom