Comal River

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks thats an awesome little tool. How do you dive down there, do you walk back or have two vehicles and drive back? Or do you just pay the tubing place the ten bucks?

Does anyone know what the viz has been like recently? I've got a new scooter I need to break in and this might be a great place to do it.

Thanks,
David

Does anyone know what the viz has been like recently? I've got a new scooter I need to break in and this might be a great place to do it.

Thanks,
David

Hey man, let me know when you'll be around...

I land tomorrow.. Hitting the "Blue Lagoon" Friday before an event I am going to Fri-Sat.. Thinking about heading out your way Sunday morning.. Break free - lets go play! I'll bring the sea donkey (Sea Doo) for you.. :wink:

Jalistair, I think you can do either. However, depending how our group turns out we may want to work smarter and have someone's truck pre-parked near the planned exit so we can all hop in for the 1-2 mile drive back to the entry point.

Thanks thats an awesome little tool. How do you dive down there, do you walk back or have two vehicles and drive back? Or do you just pay the tubing place the ten bucks?

We usually put in at Landa RV park or Texas Tubes. They are both pretty far upstream and you can get a lift from their drivers if they are open. At Landa you can put in right below the waterfall under the big dam. Plus, both have decent bathrooms and good spots to unload (unless you like dragging your gear all over creation).

Landa RV & Campground

If the tubing operations are open, parking will be limited at the tube chute and last public exit. Paying for someone to drive you back really pays off when the river is crowded. Otherwise you can just leave a car at either the tube chute or the last exit (your choice).

Mind the notes in that Google map about the chutes and where to get out and walk. The big tube chute is safe except for equipment scrapes, the second one has a nice flat rock to flounder on, the third one is like being shot out of a cannon. All of them have the risk you might get dragged back under the dam.

Good tips, kc5.. will you be diving w/ us on Saturday? Whoever is speak up, I'd like to get some plans made and phone #'s exchanged

Last edited:
Well who all is going? I have a subaru so there is room for up to five with gear in the back, or we could pay to have the Landa people drive us back, both works for me. Thanks for all the tips and advice. Just as a heads up I will pick up a tank tomorrow and will be heading down there around 8 am so my show time will be around 10:30-11:00. The only catch is that I only have one tank and must be out of the water by 3pm so I can watch my Hogs beat.... er keep it close to 'bama starting at 3:30. Does anyone know a good place to watch the game down there? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom