Combo Nitrox/CO analyzer/detector...is there such a thing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Token

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
She doesn't know it yet, but my wife is giving me a nitrox analyzer for Christmas.

However carbon monoxide is a concern too, so I'm wondering if there is an analyzer that does both?

Don't know of any at this point in time (although Dandy Don is the undisputed champ of CO monitors).

The folks at ScubaCapsule say that their dive iPhone based dive computer will have both as an option, but while their product seems promising, to date it doesn't seem to be anything other than vaporware.

I haven't seen one yet, but at one point Analox had discussed it. Likely the price point of a combo unit was too high for the recreational dive market.

I have a Nuvair CO with an Oxycheq El Cheapo in a box together. With the BC restrictor fitting I test both gases at once. The reality is they live attached to my compressor and monitor gases coming out of the compressor.

I am currently in the process of making a combo nitrox analyzer co analyzer and pressure checker. Cost for parts is +/- $800.00. I'm only doing this for fun, you can't justify it by cost

Back
Top Bottom