Come watch Wildcard get eaten!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I have been kicking my self in the butt for the last year for not making time to dive the Maui ocean center shark tank while I lived there. Flying back and doing it on Xmas eve! I can't wait. Gotta order that new digi camcorded now.

Anybody else done this? Any inside tips? I watched a couple of people do it, but from the dry side :-(

Hey Wildcard, I'm heading to Maui in Jan. How much does that cost?

Quarrior:
Hey Wildcard, I'm heading to Maui in Jan. How much does that cost?
$190 plus tax they supply air and weights. Awsome looking dive. "Best dive ever" as per a long time navy diver. You and the sharks including Tiger, no cage :11: I hope they like hot dogs, I want closeups!

Wow - that's expensive - how big is the tank? I can do one here in Fukuoka in a 7 meter tank for about $90, and that includes a year pass to the aquarium! It's not often I can find something cheaper in Japan than somewhere else!

Kim:
Wow - that's expensive - how big is the tank? I can do one here in Fukuoka in a 7 meter tank for about $90, and that includes a year pass to the aquarium! It's not often I can find something cheaper in Japan than somewhere else!
It's 750,000 gallons, about 7 meters deep. Id pay $500 to do it. Hell, Im flying back there mostly to do it.

That sounds about the same size! The one here has all kinds in it - sharks, rays, and a few big groupers if I remember it right. You have to demonstrate that you have good skills before they'll let you in, but it sounds like a very good deal now I've heard this! It's quite funny watching the divers from outside taking their pictures! If I do it I'll probably just take a still camera inside and let my wife shoot video from outside (saves an expensive U/W case!:wink:) I hope you enjoy it!

Here they only give you a very small tank - I believe you get a bottom time of 20 minutes or so.

Freakin Kewl.. I saw a couple do it few months ago.. always wanted to do it myself..

Back
Top Bottom