Come watch Wildcard get eaten!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot:
And they've been fishing for a tiger for several weeks now trying to get one (The curator was my BOW instructor - really great guy). They try not to keep them for too long because they want their fish to remain able to hunt once released. Many of their fish are rotated with new stock throughout the year.

now that's interesting! Thanks for sharing!!!

They watch them for stress. Tigers don't do so well tanked up. They tell me 2-6 months and then they start getting aggresive and are released...I can go catch one for them tomorrow I guess. But then it might still have a grudge! Me and the sharks have a deal, I don't eat them, they don't eat me. It's worked so far.
BTW I will have my camera inside and a video going outside, so y'all may get some great shots! LOL

Wildcard:
BTW I will have my camera inside and a video going outside, so y'all may get some great shots! LOL
I meant from the outside of it's mouth - but either way I suppose......:eyebrow:

How many people have pics from inside? I could make some serious money here!....I am so psyched about doing this dive! Come on Xmas! That's something I've never said before, well, at least since I was 10.

Wildcard:
How many people have pics from inside? I could make some serious money here!....I am so psyched about doing this dive! Come on Xmas! That's something I've never said before, well, at least since I was 10.
now that would be the shot of a lifetime . . . ok bad pun . . .

looks like I won't make it after all . . . I just got 2 extra days off work, so I'm flying out earlier to visit family on Oahu for Christmas . . . and I was looking forward to seeing you in the tank - Have a great time and I'll look for the pictures to be posted here.

Aloha, Tim

justleesa:
Have a safe flight over Tim
Thanks Leesa, eventually i gotta try some diving on oahu, but not this trip . . . My dog and I are going to see the family and maybe visit the hills a bit for some fun in the mountains.

Besides everyone knows Maui has the best diving right? :wink:

Aloha, Tim

P.S. at least it's the best I've ever seen . . . never having gone anywhere else yet lol.

I had the chance to dive MOC back in October when I visited my cousin there. It was one of the more interesting dives to date. More interesting then the shark feeding dives in the Bahamas, more educational too.

You and your guest with 3 other groups (4 divers total, 1 guest each) will view a video they produced, very informative on how important sharks are to the people of Hawai'i. Then you'll quickly do a briefing. During this time, you will know what sharks they have in the tank. The tiger was released a few weeks before so I did not get to see it.

First group (2 divers) will climb up a flight of wooden (I think) stairs and suit up. The main tank at MOC does not have a permanent roof. When I was there, there was a blue plastic tarp (?) over it. You will know what I mean when you get there. They will ask you to slowly get in the water and will quickly due a buoyancy check. You will go over the tunnel, and descend in front of it.

The dive was about 30~35min (don't have my log). The guide will bring a bag full of chow for 'miss piggy', their resident eagle ray. She'd try to knock your camera out of your hands if you have a handful of shells, watch out. I was amazed at the algae build up on the wall facing aquarium visitors.

BTW, don't bother looking for shark teeth; they will give you one as a gift after the dive.

Besides your camera, bring water or a refreshment of your choice and snacks if you tend to get hungry. Have a great time....

BTW, picture is of the 2 guides at MOC and 'Miss Piggy'

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom