Come watch Wildcard get eaten!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sure did. It's well worth the price. I will (hopefully) be volunteering as a diver at my local aquarium because of this next year.

DaaaDump Daaadump! Two more days! ( PS did that sound like jaws music?)

did you get eaten? :)

No tiger but it was the BEST dive I have ever done and I can't wait to do it again! This time the video goes in the tank with me. I started it off by swatting a puffer fish and dinging my hand up. I wasen't about to tell anyone I was bleeding either.
Attached are a couple of pics from inside. I'll get the video of the "close encounter" downloaded as soon as I figure out how. Just a hint, for close ups of the sharks do NOT sit directly in front of there chosen route and take them! That got a little hairy.

nice pics !

Thanks. I need to PS them a bit....Anyone coming to Maui just MUST do this dive.

They say 30-40 minutes but I got 55. First in and last out. Next time Im taking my video in the tank also. The shots from outside were great with the video but inside would have been better. I shot 110 pics! At first it's overwhelming, sooo much to look at so just pick a fish and focus on it. Also watch for the unicorn fish over your head in your bubbles, he likes to, well, spawn in the bubbles. He was over me for 1/2 an hour doing that. I never knew untill after.

They got their Tiger shark finally - last friday. But it's a baby (4.5ft long) and talking with my friend (who caught it) he says that juveniles do poorly in captivity compared to adults. One of the few animals that mature rather than juvenile specimens adapt to captivity better. The Juveniles tend to not be able to figure out they are in an enclosed area and are more apt to hurt themselves by running into the walls, etc. which is why they released their last tiger shark.

They also got a 6ft galapogos shark the same night which they are adding to the aquarium.

Aloha, Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom