Come watch Wildcard get eaten!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are diving in the MOC Shark tank when we're there in February. They don't have a Tiger in there right now, but hope to have one by then. The dive is usually 45-60 minutes long. I can't wait, I think it'll be awesome.

I don't think aquariums in Japan yet allow swimming with the sushi but if they did, I'd really like to give Osaka Aquarium a try; there's been a resident whale shark for at least the past 5-6 years; last saw it in '99 but forgot to stop by this year. Another adventure might be the Kagoshima Aquarium in the electric eel tank....on second thought, maybe not -- wouldn't want to get my watch zapped....

bluemagoo:
I don't think aquariums in Japan yet allow swimming with the sushi ....
As I said above - they do here in Kyushu. Fukuoka for sure, and I think the aquarium in Shimonoseki does as well (OK - that's Honshu).
You should ask around.

Kim:
As I said above - they do here in Kyushu. Fukuoka for sure, and I think the aquarium in Shimonoseki does as well (OK - that's Honshu).
You should ask around.

Nuts, now you tell me; never bothered to ask before... We just came back from 2-weeks there; mostly in Osaka New Hankyu Hotel but ran down to the Kagoshima Tokyu Inn for a couple days. Oh well, next time....

No tiger? Thats why Im going! Crap! Oh well, 30 other sharks in there.

Tim, I should be in the water by 10ish on Xmas eve, stop on by!

Hey Wildcard, if you don't get eaten, can I get a refund?

Freshly caught....very angry Tiger shark. Hmmmm......this might be more fun than I thought. :eyebrow: Please make sure someone gets pictures!!

Thanks for the invite. And they've been fishing for a tiger for several weeks now trying to get one (The curator was my BOW instructor - really great guy). They try not to keep them for too long because they want their fish to remain able to hunt once released. Many of their fish are rotated with new stock throughout the year.

The last Tiger kept running into the edges and was hurting himself, so they released him and padded the edges of the big tank with thick rubber sheets.

Aloha, Tim

Wildcard:
No tiger? Thats why Im going! Crap! Oh well, 30 other sharks in there.

Tim, I should be in the water by 10ish on Xmas eve, stop on by!

Back
Top Bottom