Comfybite and DIR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll take a reg mouthpiece any day of the week. I've practiced air sharing with a friend of mine that has a Seacure, and it was REALLY uncomfortable. I'd hate to be in a real OOA situation and have someone hand one of those to me. Of course I'd take it, but it certainly wouldn't be the best of situations, and that's what you need when someone goes OOA.

The DIR'ness of a custom mouthpiece is that it isn't DIR. If it has the potential to cause more problems than issue that it solves, it's not going to be DIR.

akscubainst:
OK,

Here's one:

Would you rather I handed you a seacure mouthpiece or a regular mouthpiece with the bite tabs chewed off? I've had the same Seacure for about 4 years but I average about 6 dives on a regular mouthpiece before it's destroyed. I get bored and chew them subconsciously (I guess).

Anyway, I haven't seen it written anywhere one way of the other as to the DIRness of a custom mouthpiece. If I had to guess, I would imagine that the general concensious would be not just because it's "a convolution".

Dave

Okay, my bad. I was imagining the mouthpiece in the divers mouth already.

You are talking about trying to put the mouthpiece in the mouth of a diver with possibly clenched teeth.

Sorry 'bout that.

Jason

Scuba_Steve:
Well Bob, now you do.

www.ontariodiving.com/showthread.php?t=886&page=2&pp=10

Post # 15 IIRC

It was a real sweat thread as a whole, of how dumb $hit can get with this stuff. Simply rediculous IMO.

I think we can say WELL OVERANALYZED now.

One of the very few points of contention I have found however within GUE community.

Sorry Steve, I'm not a member of that board, and don't intend to become one just to read a cross-posting. If you want to summarize your point, great. If not, I really don't know what you're trying to say here ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Scuba_Steve:
Well Bob, now you do.

www.ontariodiving.com/showthread.php?t=886&page=2&pp=10

Post # 15 IIRC

It was a real sweat thread as a whole, of how dumb $hit can get with this stuff. Simply rediculous IMO.

I think we can say WELL OVERANALYZED now.

One of the very few points of contention I have found however within GUE community.
Steve, could just be my computer, but that link doesn't work - I get a 'must upgrade' window which, when you click OK, shuts down your browser. ***?

Shoot, sorry guys. I forgot you couldn't just read it outright. My bad.

Summary as follows....

Comfo-bite is OUT AFA the local GUE contingent is concerned.

My mileage certainly does vary, and evidently so does individual GUE members on this issue.

Regards

No problem.

Jason B:
Okay, my bad. I was imagining the mouthpiece in the divers mouth already.

You are talking about trying to put the mouthpiece in the mouth of a diver with possibly clenched teeth.

Sorry 'bout that.

Jason

detroit diver:
Interesting attitude. Ever hear of mechanical failure?
With the exception of a newly serviced reg that wasnt correctly pre dive checked, No actually.

Albion:
With the exception of a newly serviced reg that wasnt correctly pre dive checked, No actually.

It happens. You need to get out and read more. Free flows, oring bursts, regs exploding underwater, knobs that break off, just to name a few.

detroit diver:
It happens. You need to get out and read more. Free flows, oring bursts, regs exploding underwater, knobs that break off, just to name a few.
I get my experience from Diving not reading thanks

Albion:
I get my experience from Diving not reading thanks
A true pioneer.. refusing to learn from the mistakes and insights of others. This attitude is to be admired.. now go forth and blaze a new path.. right on top of the old one. :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom