Comments on PDIC Underwater criminal investigations course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erwin

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi,

My brother is planning to take up the PDIC underwater criminal investigations course. Although I am an instructor with the said agency I am not qualified to teach said course.

As such, I am looking for a frank and unbiased opinion from those among this board who have participated in, or are familiar with said training.

I recently took a NAUI version of the course in Packwood WA at our SAR convention. It was a new course for the instructor and the course is in development. All of us students were aware of the fact that it was a fledgling program and we were asked to scrutinize the class for possible improvement. While there was room for improvement, all in all the course went off quite well and I was glad that I had participated. As with all classes the quality of the instructor is the single most important factor. Secondly the seriousness and involvement of the students is also very important.

One of the best things from the class was seeing all of the different gear configurations and discussing differences in team procedures since we had dive teams from all over the Pacific NW in the class.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom