Completed the Divemaster Program!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mmitchell6

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Not called a DM in Training anymore, officially a Divemaster now. It was a tough ride but I finished today! I'm going to pop open a nice bottle of champagne and start celebrating New Years Eve today. Oh Yeah, baaaaaaaby!

Congratulations!

Not called a DM in Training anymore, officially a Divemaster now. It was a tough ride but I finished today! I'm going to pop open a nice bottle of champagne and start celebrating New Years Eve today. Oh Yeah, baaaaaaaby!
Mmitchell, congrats! How long did it take you to complete the program?

Congratulations. I'm just ITCHING to be able to write your OP.

Congratulations! What are you planning to do with your new cert? I've been helping my husband with classes for the last year -- it's been an interesting, humbling, and sometimes very rewarding experience. You do grow eyes in the back of your head!

Thank you all very very much! It's been a long, rough, great learning experience. My plan was to complete it in 4 months but due to family obligations it took me 6 months, (only had two tests to complete) so I would have finished on time. My advice, if you start, don't put anything off, because it's harder to get back into the flow. I really learned a lot. Still have to learn to dive. LOL
I know this is the last year of the Padi Divemaster Program in it's current state, going forward in 2011, they (Padi) has completed revamped the program. As far as what I intend to do with it...well, the ultimate goal it to teach, but I believe I need to assist more as a DM before I attempt the IDC program. I don't think I'm qualified to teach with only 140 dives under my belt. So, in fairness to the students I'll take my time to learn more. I need more dive experience, just my opinion, besides, I need to step away from the Physics for a while. LOL

Here is a link to the new Padi Divemaster Program if anyone is interested. Thank you all for your wonderful gift of sharing!

Back
Top Bottom