Computer saved profile glitches, anyone else seeing this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your post is confusing what the "complete truth regarding their dive computers or the software"

1 upload issue in 1000+dives, never an issue on a dive. 7 divers who all find the computer intuitive and easy to use.

The have never been any 'gliches' in the log on any dives with the Mares Puck. One dive did not upload, this is most likely due to the software assessing that the dive is already uploaded given the dive characteristics.

I had several emails with Mares, they reviewed log files but did not find an issue.

I would strongly recommend the Puck computer, as a basic simple dive computer.

I think my support ticket is still on Mares forum after, I'm thinking 3-4 years (I've given up, and found better things). Their support regarding computers/software is abysmal and I gave up. A Computer programmer here on SB gave me more help than Mares. I do (did?) like the Puck, and did recommend it to many, but with the caveat that the support from Mares is non-existent. I'm soured enough to never recommend anything with the Mares name on it....

If you're seeing this on multiple computers, I immediately wonder about the thing they have in common ... the transmitter (but I don't know if the Mares is AI or uses the same transmitter as the Oceanic PDCs). Even if they use different transmitters, is there anything common to your equipment (a scooter, strobes) that could cause electrical interference that the PDC records as bad data?

The Nemo Air and the T3 have absolutely nothing in common--not so much as a USB cable. The Nemo is AI, but it's a console computer with a hose. And this happens on dives with no other electronics involved. Thinking back (it's been years since I used it), the Nemo may have been more than a logging bug. I think I recall it locking me out once when it thought I made a 15 second, 300 foot bounce dive.

Maybe I just have very bad luck with dive computers. I really just wanted to find out if this was some kind of known issue. It's clearly not.

Back
Top Bottom