Computers with sealed battery compartments?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scc135

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I know the Liquivision computers have sealed battery compartments, but do any of the other brands have that? It seems like too good an idea to NOT do. This coming from a guy who's flooding 2 computers.

I know the old Mares M2 was sealed, but it has been discontinued for a couple of years now. The ScubaPro 2G also has a sealed battery compartment, one advantage with the ScubaPro computers is they actually did something for the consumer. The ScubaPro computers use IRDA for download/upload instead of a proprietary connector that costs $100, I hope they continue this with there new line of computers when they come out in the "spring".

Doesn't seem to be one in the low price range (4-600) huh?

Doesn't seem to be one in the low price range (4-600) huh?

The 2G fits right into that price range.

Right from SP yes they do.

I guess there are two definitions of 'sealed.'

Definition #1: The battery compartment cannot flood, because the battery is immersed in gel or oil
Definition #2: The battery compartment itself can flood (air filled) but flooding of the compartment cannot affect the rest of the computer

The Luna/Sol have a user changeable battery which satisfies #2.

The older Uwatec computers had batteries immersed in oil, which were not user changeable. The now obsolete/bankrupt Uemis computer also had a sealed battery. These both satisfy #1.

The X1 satisfies #1, the Xen/Xeo/Lynx satisfy #2.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

The Atomic Cobalt has a sealed compartment by Eric's definition #2 above- the battery compartment is isolated from the rest of the electronics. Though for computers with rechargeable batteries that can be charged in situ, it's possible the compartment will never need to be opened.

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom