Condom Caths

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I treat the caths like band aids and just yank em off (carefully) after my dive day is over. It's really not the torture session it's made out to be.

Manscaping helps a LOT.

Thanks for all the responses. I'm going to go ahead and request some samples and then I'll go from there.

I tried the ultraflex and didn't like them. I wore it to the first rest stop and it came off very easy. Way too easy for my comfort of peeing in my dry suit.
The wide bands are as bad as some make them out to be.

check and see if the next gen can take a pee valve i know you cant add a releaf zipper due to materal of the suit call gamble dry suit repair they are great and have the answers just a tip good luck dive safe (352-379-0653 gambles)

I tried the ultraflex and didn't like them. I wore it to the first rest stop and it came off very easy. Way too easy for my comfort of peeing in my dry suit.
The wide bands are as bad as some make them out to be.

Wrong size maybe?? Never had that prob.

Wrong size maybe?? Never had that prob.

Same size as my wide band. It almost came off like a regular condom.

check and see if the next gen can take a pee valve i know you cant add a releaf zipper due to materal of the suit call gamble dry suit repair they are great and have the answers just a tip good luck dive safe (352-379-0653 gambles)
Does anybody who has a Nex-Gen know whether P-valves are a go or not?

One tip: buy one of the largest size condoms they make (41mm X-large) to keep in your save-a-dive kit. This way, when someone forgets to bring one you can say "Here ya go dude, you can use one of mine!"

The look on your buddy's face when he comes out of the head after trying to put it on is priceless - plus the new-found "respect" your buddy will have for you!

Good Gravy!!!!

I'm reminded, once more, why I dive a 7mm wetsuit!!!

Following is a post I posted on another Scuba forum after my first condom catheter experience:

Re: Mastery or Misadventure...Secrets of the Condom Catheter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had my first go with a condom catheter an p-valve on Sunday. I followed some of the tips (no pun intended) on this thread, and I came through with an unscathed "willie". I purchased the wideband cc's, also the prep and removal pads, and Quick Disconnect fittings. First I shaved down to the base of the shaft, and trimmed around the base, didn't have to go down to the sack. Then I swabbed it with the prep pad and let dry completely, then centered head to tip of cc and rolled down all the way. Grasped it and gave it a slight squeeze to make sure it adhered properly all around. This was done on the day of dive, maybe one hour before entering water. The "willie" was in an up pointing postion with the hose coming out the undergarment waistband and bending down into the p-valve. QD fittings made connection a snap. I drank a lot of water to make sure I could prime the hose before entering water. Priming of hose was accomplished with no problem, everything flowed freely with no sense of back pressure. During dive mansged to pee while holding on to platform, still find it difficult to pee while hovering, peeing underewater was a scuccess. No issues at all encountered. Removed cc approximately 9 hours later, after arriving home. With much trepidation I began to roll cc from bottom towards tip. Once started to roll, it went smoothly with a slight tug of skin, but no tearing off of skin (Thank God). When tug began to feel too strong I dabbed area with removal pad and it helped to release. After removal of cc, totally wiped "willie" down with removal pad. Ended up with a clean and intact 'Willie", I think the prep/removal pads made the difference. All in all, my first condom catheter experience was a success, due mostly to the advice gleaned from this thread. Thanks all.

Mundo

Back
Top Bottom