Confess your SCUBA sins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I'm the one that needed to dive to 132' right after my OW was done. It was Belize. It was the Blue Hole. There were sharks.... How could I pass that up?

And show me a great photo taken by someone not holding their breath! Does that person exist?? Not that my photos are great, but I hold my breath. I even hear someone yelling in my head that I'm being bad :no:, but I still do it.

I dove to 93ffw on my last open water check out dive in '83.
I routinely burn my tanks below 500psi... sometimes to 150 or less... in 10ffw of course. :wink:
I own and dive an old lethal bad alloy AL80...(plus 3 good allow AL80 and 4 LP72s)
I dive without a snorkel at times...
I have gotten ripped drunk the night before a dive and felt my first seasickness the next day...
And finally, the worse sin of all...
After getting my OW cert, I didn't dive for another 24 years....

And finally, the worse sin of all...
After getting my OW cert, I didn't dive for another 24 years....

Damn! That is the worst.

1- What is this snorkel thing you all keep talking about?
2- I probably should not have downed that fifth of jack the night before my first Cooper river dive.
3- Depth.... lets not go there...please.
4- solo... I feel comfy in my ability to deal with issues at the depth I am diving with the gear I am using... newbs... just say no!
5- I must confess... I have held my breath... but I also maintained my position in the water column
6- I have a brand new AL reg set with a cheap sherwood console
7- I often reassemble my 2nd stages with the logo not centered... on purpose.
8- I really do like PADI and am currently working towards an instructor card from them but really... give it a break will ya
9- I have peed in my wetsuit...and will continue to do so...
10- Even though I work at a dive shop I have shown divers ways to do things with what they have and not spend $$, hoping they will spend $$ on what they need...with us.
11- probably my worst sin .... I have bought dive gear online. I know I will kill myself but I also spent a few bones with my LDS. Now that I work @ an LDS... Internet buys are bad and you will kill yourself..:) Just don't buy airfills online....

I recently had a PADI Junior Open Water diver as a buddy. He was at least 25 years old and his certification was at least 10 years old. He had less than 10 total dives, with two in the past few years (didn't know dive tables, any emergency actions, many of the signals, etc.). I "accidentally" took him down to 75ft for a while. Lucky for me, he was pretty good (and no emergencies occurred) and open to criticism/instruction. But from now on, I will follow the rules strictly with a new buddy.

Also, I'm kind of an ass. I openly complained in front of everyone about a number of divers (who were supposed to be more experienced than I) who had bad buoyancy control (some due to photography) and were kicking a lot of wildlife and silting up the entire dive site. I could have done it more tactfully than I did.

Oh, yeah, and recently, I was drinking/partying late at a friend's birthday, when I had a boat dive the next day and had to wake up at 7am. I did drink a ton of water and prep all my gear before sleeping so that I didn't forget anything. And I set three different alarms. I had some great boat dives that day.

I dont wear a snorkel either

as for my non-ditchable weights

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bu...eight-systems/385206-weights-bc-pocket-2.html

While the advice given in that thread was good, in the end it was mostly theory and educated guesses.
45 Dives later, with those same weights, I have yet to have rust stains, yet to have them crack, yet to have them shift while being in the water, yet to have them fall out, yet to have them rip through my bc

:mooner:

Another one that always tends to get gasps of shock and horror is that I still dive the old RNPL tables that pre-date the original BSAC 88 tables. ...
Don't like much bottom time, do you?:D

If there was a SCUBA hell, I'd already be there with bells on.
You are, welcome to ScubaBoard.

Forgive me PADI Father for I have sinned. I do not dive with my snorkel.
That'll be twenty Hail MARES.
I dont wear a snorkel either

as for my non-ditchable weights

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bu...eight-systems/385206-weights-bc-pocket-2.html

While the advice given in that thread was good, in the end it was mostly theory and educated guesses.
45 Dives later, with those same weights, I have yet to have rust stains, yet to have them crack, yet to have them shift while being in the water, yet to have them fall out, yet to have them rip through my bc

:mooner:
Thirty for you.

I am without sin (best thing about being an atheist) so as soon as find the molds I will cast the first weight.

I didn't go below sixty feet for a couple hundred dives, but I have more solo dives than many of my buddies have dives. I've dived deep air (130-200+) more times than many of my buddies have gone below 130. I clip my spg to my left chest D-ring rather than the left hip. Once I've dived with a buddy enough times, we only see each other underwater a few times during a dive. I've knowingly dived solo in Laguna Beach, CA, where it is illegal. I don't prod octopus, but I've looked under a rock or two. At least I still haven't peed in a wetsuit.
:banana:

I leave without checking conditions. I even relish in the adventure of it.
I routinely go over my no-deco time.
I have sucked tanks dry. I even sucked a tank dry part way through my deco stop.
I’ve ditched buddies to swim after a rare creature.
I push my limits every dive.
Sure, I plan my dives, and then I change my plans halfway through.
I watched a rescue chopper coming after me and ducked under the waves to avoid paying the ridiculous rescue fees.
A month ago I did a solo dive to 80 feet. When I looked up, there was the first of two tiger sharks that dive circling no more than six feet away. It was fifteen feet long.
I have dived with fish collectors.
I have dived with shell collectors.

How's that for starters?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom