connecting regulators & bcs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay... I bought my regs from DiveInn and my BC from a LDS and neither one came with a BC inflator hose! I figured I had to buy one. I've been trying to research this online all day, but I am still confused at which size, length, etc I should get. Can anyone help?

astrl :confused:

When you say the BC should have come with it, are you referring to the low pressure inflator hose that connects from your first stage to the power inflator?

astrl

astrl once bubbled...
When you say the BC should have come with it, are you referring to the low pressure inflator hose that connects from your first stage to the power inflator?
Yes, that’s a part that always is included in the BC purchase.

If your LDS tries to sell it to you as a separate item, time for a new LDS.

Roak

Ps. Some states, like NY if memory serves, have laws against splitting up a “packaged” item and selling the parts separately. If the LDS insists on selling you the parts separately, call the manufacturer and verify that the BC includes the LP inflator hose. Then look to see if you have a legal recourse.

Is it me or is the SCUBA industry as a whole the most customer-hostile industry out there?

roakey once bubbled...
Is it me or is the SCUBA industry as a whole the most customer-hostile industry out there?

The in-line skating industry is pretty bad [well, I've not paid attention for 5 years or so, but I'm sure it didn't change]. Skiing is pretty bad too. At least diving you can usually find an LDS that'll sell you a first stage/second stage, a console, and an alternate and put 'em all on for you. You can drop $800 for a pair of skis, $400 for a pair of bindings and $500 for a pair of boots, and they hit you up with another $50 to put the bindings on the skis.

roakey once bubbled...

Yes, that’s a part that always is included in the BC purchase.

If your LDS tries to sell it to you as a separate item, time for a new LDS.

Roak

Ps. Some states, like NY if memory serves, have laws against splitting up a “packaged” item and selling the parts separately. If the LDS insists on selling you the parts separately, call the manufacturer and verify that the BC includes the LP inflator hose. Then look to see if you have a legal recourse.

What if...I removed the hose (because many have a bunch already) and marked the cost down a bit and sold them seperatly? Why would you want a legal recourse?

For that matter, I can mark the whole thing up as much as I want (or as much as you are willing to pay) including the hose so how could there be a legal recourse? I baught it, it is mine and until you buy it it's still mine. As long as I don't falsly advertise it or break a contract or whatever you are free to take it or leave it but there isn't a legal recourse.

No wonder my insurance is so HIGH!

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
As long as I don't falsly advertise it or break a contract or whatever you are free to take it or leave it but there isn't a legal recourse.

Provided you haven't broken a statute in your state's commercial code. All I think Roakey was suggesting is that "breaking up a package" might consitutute a violation in some states. Provided no one is breaking the law, I don't think anyone would disagree with what you are saying.

If I am putting word's in Roak's mouth, I feel quite sure he will correct me.

Matt

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
What if...I removed the hose (because many have a bunch already) and marked the cost down a bit and sold them seperatly? Why would you want a legal recourse?

C’mon Mike, that’s apples an oranges and you know it.

In your case the customer is fully informed of what’s going on.

I’m talking about an authorized reseller of a product breaking up a package as received from the manufacturer in order to deliberately defraud a customer.

With as much shuffling that goes on in a dive shop, my guess is that the hose was left out unintentionally. Calm down and lets see what happens.

Roak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom