Conservation and harvesting sea cucumbers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see overfishing by commercial vessels and unscrupulous harvesting of endangered wildlife by individuals as one in the same.

It's not about ethics. It's about the fact that species and ecosystems are being wiped out. Can't make exceptions or compromises when there's nothing to compromise.

I see overfishing by commercial vessels and unscrupulous harvesting of endangered wildlife by individuals as one in the same.

It's not about ethics. It's about the fact that species and ecosystems are being wiped out. Can't make exceptions or compromises when there's nothing to compromise.
Yep, there is no compromise between killing endangered specie and feeding your family. By the way, are those Fijians even aware that sea cucumbers are endangered?
In america, killing sharks for fins is unethical. In other parts of the world, killing animals for meat is unethical and sacrilige. Who is right?
Actually, I agree with this. Most of the world is OK with killing cows. India is not (well, most of it). China is OK with killing dogs for food. Rest of the world is not. Who is right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom