Conshelf fans welcomed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darylm74:
I have decided to use my Conshelf XII on my Argon bottle for my drysuit. It isn't environmentally sealed. Anyone see any issues with this or is one burst from the Argon going to freeze it up and send me topside in a super inflated drysuit? I was figuring that it wasn't building moisture from my breath and it is supplying Argon and not air, it would be much less prone to freezing up.

No, you are right about the moisture and the freezing. It is a good inexpensive alternative that you can always use as a backup reg too if something were to happen while you are out.

"Not like the legend. Not to many from that era are. At this point, I do not understand why you are so inclined to use the Conshelf as your primary, so I didn't think that price was an issue"

Ah what?

Of course a con XIV is a balanced diaphragm... is this really the question?

jamiep3:
Anybody that's interested, Marvel sells the Conshelf Octopus. Identical to 2nd stage of Conshelf XIV. That's what I use on mine.

Does anyone here knows the address of the website Marvel??

Calvinator:
Thanks! But how do I view their offered mechandise free-of-cahrge without registering?
It looks to me like they only sell parts to the government or military. And if they are an 'official' Aqualung dealer, they will only sell regs instore. However, I did a search on conshelf, and found 2 pages of parts.

Creed:
It looks to me like they only sell parts to the government or military. And if they are an 'official' Aqualung dealer, they will only sell regs instore. However, I did a search on conshelf, and found 2 pages of parts.

I see. TQ!

Hey! I have a general conshelf question - how can I tell what model I have?

It's a metal 2nd stage on the purge buttom it says "Aqua Lung Conshelf Supreme" on the back just udner the mouth piece it's got the folllowing numbers stamped into it - 85 02183

As for the first stage it's just got numbers stamped into the between a lp port and the hp port - 48 12487. It too has an "aqualung conshelf supreme sticker" on the knob to tighten down on your valve.

I just picked'em up last fall for a few nickles.....Thanks!

JJ1:
Hey! I have a general conshelf question - how can I tell what model I have?

It's a metal 2nd stage on the purge buttom it says "Aqua Lung Conshelf Supreme" on the back just udner the mouth piece it's got the folllowing numbers stamped into it - 85 02183

As for the first stage it's just got numbers stamped into the between a lp port and the hp port - 48 12487. It too has an "aqualung conshelf supreme sticker" on the knob to tighten down on your valve.

I just picked'em up last fall for a few nickles.....Thanks!

From the little most knowledge I have, I think it's a Conshelf XIV. Although I'm not quite sure waht those numbers mean. To all those veterans out there, what do you all think?

Calvin.

Guess what model you have? A conshelf supreme. I am guessing that it has a little black bubble on the bottom of the first stage. That would be the environmental seal full of silicone grease to prevent freezeup. It works well and all but just messy to service. As for the second stage being all metal it acts as a giant heat sink to prevent freeze up in that department.
If you pickedit up for pennies, that is great. Even if you pay $50 or $60 for service you are up huge! Those are the regs that piss me off because they always find their way into everyone else's hands except mine.!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom